The Advancement Services Associate designs and implements effective data entry, gift receipting, and reporting systems to enhance donor and alumni relations and to facilitate donor identification, research, cultivation, moves management, solicitation, recognition and stewardship. The Advancement Services Associate also serves as the manager of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT database. This position has total management responsibility for the overall efficiency, effectiveness, and improvement of the database for the support of the development team and other Denver Seminary representatives. This position will also manage administrative duties coordinating students and churches in Denver Seminary's tuition paid internship program.
- Design, implementation, and interpretation of operational reports including but not limited to,
- Designs and implements regular activity and analysis reports on the status of contributions and fund-raising efforts vs. performance goals to help the development team members target their efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Organizes and maintains analysis and reports for regular, systemic dissemination and, upon request, retrieval of archived information.
- Works directly with finance department on monthly reconciliation of all RE fundraising revenue.
- Qualifying prospects, building relationships, and encouraging involvement and investment in the Seminary;
- Develops and implements predictive models for identifying new prospects for the Seminary’s fundraising efforts.
- Performs research using a variety of tools (primarily Raisor’s Edge NXT) to determine background, family history, relationships, financial status, assets, and other information about current and new prospects.
- Organizes and ensures timely receipts for gifts to all donors.
- Subject Matter Expert and manager of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
- Maintain and enhance Denver Seminary’s donor management systems and processes.
- Train and communicate with other Development staff, as needed, in general use, procedures and requirements of RE as well as in use of specific features and functions.
- Import to and export from RE as needed to generate complete, up-to-date lists and reports for mailings and events in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Denver Seminary’s Registrar each year to add graduating students, applicants, parents of students, etc. into the RE database.
- Update RE constituents with any newly gained contact or biographical information from other development staff or communication to the office.
- Support staff for the Ministry Residency Program.
- Upload residency church commitment/pledge forms for each intern to Raiser’s Edge and SharePoint.
- Manage pledge payments for interns.
- Provide reporting on pledge status to Ministry Residency Director and others as requested.
- Act as liaison between Denver Seminary, student intern and residency church regarding pledge status/payments when necessary or requested.
- Provide monthly pledge balance statements to residency church.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred emphasis in business, mathematics, statistics, financial analysis, or similar relevant coursework.
- Advancement database experience required with certification and proficiency in Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud preferred.
- Strong analytical and data modeling skills, an inquisitive nature, and a strong track record of creative problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment while working under tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Self-motivation and able to solve complex problems with little or no supervision.
- Good relational and communication skills.
- Servant’s heart, customer focus, quickness to absorb information and learn.
- Computer research MS Office experience.
- Ability to handle all work with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with serving at Denver Seminary
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Position is fulltime with benefits.
- Application due date: As soon as possible.
- Targeted start date: As soon as possible.
- Position is open until filled.
Job Description (.pdf) (This is for your own reference and does not need to be signed and submitted).
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
- Employment Application
- Statement of Faith
- Your resume and any additional information requested in the “Additional Information Required” section on the Employment Application.
If you have any questions, please contact .