The Assistant Registrar of Advising will contribute to the student success mission of the Registrar’s Office by developing and managing the academic advising program and overseeing student service needs at Denver Seminary. With primary focus given to customer service of students, student walk-ins, registration assistance, and academic advising, this position is also responsible for student retention efforts and graduation procedures and events. The individual will work in the Registrar’s Office under the direct supervision of the Registrar.
- Provide the majority of academic advising for master’s-level and doctoral students. Continuously monitor students’ academic progress by updating and maintaining degree audits, documenting all advising communication, including any exceptions to published program requirements, advising in course selection, and tracking the adherence to the degree plan in order to assist the student in accomplishing their academic and vocational goals.
- Develop and maintain an intrusive advising calendar that will serve in our retention and communication to every student status.
- Gather and report data as it relates to student retention and retention efforts.
- Assist with keeping degree worksheets, course rotation information, schedules and other resource materials accurate, current and published. Keep the registrar webpage and student portal updated.
- Assist in the implementation, communication and enforcement of academic policies. Collaborate with other departments as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments to connect students with academic, mentoring and/or internship resources in order to help them achieve their academic goals.
- Actively monitor international student’s academic progress, report registration to SEVIS and serve as an official DSO.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office, including the supervision of the Registrar Services Specialist and Student Work Studies.
- Maintain student records and student information system with discretion and accuracy in accordance with internal policies and external regulation.
- Utilize technology to improve the quality of service to students and other constituencies.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of transfer and advanced standing credit.
- Support functions such as routine office tasks, running transcripts, creating/revising/copying forms, data entry, addressing student/faculty/staff inquiries.
- Assist the Registrar with commencement and other graduation events.
- Manage the production of academic materials for the annual catalog, by soliciting and assembling changes, editing and proofing.
The successful candidate will have experience in higher education administration, customer service and/or project management. A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in higher education administration will be considered. Preference is given to applicants with an earned Master’s degree. The individual must be able to work well individually and in team settings, and should possess an outgoing, dynamic and flexible character.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Position is part-time without benefits.
- Application due date: As soon as possible.
- Targeted start date: As soon as possible.
- Position is open until filled.
Job Description (.pdf) (This is for your own reference and does not need to be signed and submitted).
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
- Employment Application
- Statement of Faith
- Your resume and any additional information requested in the “Additional Information Required” section on the Employment Application.
If you have any questions, please contact .