- Director or Pastor of Children and Parent Ministries
- Bethany EFC
- Posted: 8/11/2017
- Salary/Range: $20/hour
- Centennial/Littleton, CO
The Director of Children and Parent Ministries leads the ministry of Bethany EFC to and with children and their parents, from age 0 to 5th grade (15 hours/week).
Bethany is an Evangelical Free Church of roughly 120 people with over fifty years of ministry in south Denver. Bethany recently welcomed a new Senior Pastor and is excited to enter a new chapter in the church's rich history. There is great energy in the congregation and readiness to build on the strong foundation of global missions and expository preaching. We are looking for a team member who can care for children and parents, create spaces for unchurched children and parents, and grow in Christ as part of our staff team!
1. Love, enjoy, worship, and serve God through Jesus
2. Grow in personal holiness and Christlikeness
3. In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, develop and lead strategies to shepherd children and families to commune with and worship God
4. In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, develop and lead strategies to shepherd children to walk with God post-elementary school
5. In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Preschool Director, develop and lead strategies to create connection points for unchurched children and parents
6. Identify, develop, deploy, direct, and support volunteer leaders
7. Within one year become a member of Bethany EFC
8. Affirm Bethany E-Free Church’s Statement of Faith
9. Excel at mentoring, prayer, communication, and organization.
10. Attend staff meetings and 1:1 meetings with the Senior Pastor
1. Sincere desire to love, enjoy, and know Christ more deeply
2. Affirmation of Bethany EFC’s Statement of Faith
3. Received or working towards a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
4. Ability to recruit, organize, encourage, and support volunteers
5. Patience and flexibility
6. Warm and welcoming personality
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Sound understanding of Evangelical Christian doctrine
9. Passion for working with children and parents
10. Experience in children’s ministry. Experience leading children’s ministry or children’s programing preferred.