Missions and Overseas Ministry
- Community service
- Communitas International (Formerly Christian Associates)
- Posted: 10/24/2017
- Salary/Range: Personal support raising
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
Description:São Paulo is South America’s largest city, a mega center for business and culture. It is also a city full of needs. We are looking for a leader to inspire and coordinate our efforts at making a difference in our neighborhoods and across the city.
Focus of role? Exploring and creating ways for the church to effectively serve the city — reaching out in favelas (slums), cleaning up neighborhoods, throwing parties, creating after-school programs for kids, tutoring English, etc.
What qualifications are required?
● A strong commitment to the mission and values of Communitas and a committed follower of Jesus Christ
● Average to excellent computer skills including use of social media and cloud based software for communications and file sharing. Applicants must provide their own working device ( tablet, laptop or desk computer)
● Be willing and eager! Have the desire and excitement to not only come to São Paulo, but willing to be involved in the city, in the culture, with the people, love on them well & serve them.
● Show the love of Christ wherever you are, whatever you do.
● Be adaptable. Be as flexible as possible to adapt to change and be positive with it.
● Be teachable and willing to step out of what is comfortable. Come prepared to learn from this experience and have God stretch you.
● Conversational Portuguese will be necessary for living (can be learned on the field), but ministry will primarily be done in English.
Preferred start date? As soon as available
What kind of role is this? Long term (3 years+) preferred, but shorter commitments are possible.
How is this role funded?
The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising.
Self-employed or bi-vocational teammates are also welcome. Applicants will be asked to go through Communitas’ Missionary Candidate Process including deputation (fundraising) if needed and orientation prior to starting the position. A funding plan for this position will be provided during the deputation process.
To Apply: For more information fill out our contact form and specify your interest via http://gocommunitas.org/contact/. We look forward to hearing from you!