Accounting and Bookkeeping
- STAR Counseling Coordinator
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Posted: 9/14/2017
- Salary/Range: DOE
- Denver, CO
Description:Denver Rescue Mission
STAR Counseling Coordinator
Denver Rescue Mission is seeking a STAR Counseling Coordinator. The STAR Counseling Coordinator
is responsible for providing supervision for all STAR program participants counseling (group and individual counseling). This includes supervision of 3-5 counseling interns at one time. The position works closely with the STAR case managers to reach each program participant goal of: 1. Housing Readiness 2. Fulltime employed 3. Managing destructive habits. 4. Having a healthy supportive community.
• Completion of at least an M.A. in Counseling or comparable degree in a related field.
• Requires Marriage and Family or Licensed Professional Counselor licensure.
• Requires more than two years group and/or family counseling experience.
• Willingness to work within the boundaries, structures and policies of the Denver Rescue Mission programs.
• Interacts with staff, counseling interns and volunteers with professional and personal integrity.
• Integrates professional skills in psychology with a Biblical faith and understanding of the homeless.
• Possesses both quality administration and relationship skills.
• This position will be evaluated by numerical data, curriculum content, surveys, interviews, evaluations and scorecards.
Denver Rescue Mission is a faith-based charitable non-profit organization that has provided services to the homeless and low-income population and has been committed to “changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need, with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens” for 125 years. We consider every position one of ministry and vital to the fulfillment of our mission. All employees are responsible to uphold the policies as set forth in the doctrine of the Constitution/By-laws of the Denver Rescue Mission and must sign, and abide by, the Denver Rescue Mission Statement of Faith.
Interested applicants should go to our website www.denverrescuemission.org/Careers and click on the employment page where our Statement of Faith may be viewed. Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Healthcare coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
• Lifetime membership with Alliant Credit Union
• Dental coverage options
• Employer paid term life insurance and long-term disability
• Optional accident, disability, and medical bridge coverage
• 401(k) retirement plan with Safe Harbor 100% employer match up to 5%* after 1 year of service
• 401(k) incentive contributions up to 10% of annual income depending upon tenure after 2 years of service
Vacation, Holidays and Mission Trips
• 9 paid holidays per year including birthday off with pay
• Generous paid vacation and sick time
• Paid Mission trip benefit after 5 years of service
• 1 paid day off for spiritual refreshment
Family and Education
• Child adoption at $1,000 per child
• Tuition reimbursement benefit at $1,000 per year
• $25 gift card to every staff member on their annual anniversary date
• Celebrate hallmark anniversaries (5/10/15/20 years) with progressive rewards
To Apply: Send Resumes to