Advent Retreat for Pastors & Leaders: Being a Christ-Bearer
Thursday, November 30, 2017, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Rather than “peace on earth,” the seasons of Advent and Christmas can produce stress in our souls. Instead of the joy of expectation we are seduced into the agitation of crowds, noise, hurry, and consumerism. As pastors and leaders, not only are we not exempt, but we may experience even greater pressure as a result of increased levels of church or organizational responsibilities. Possibly a day away with the Savior on a guided retreat would help provide a grounding space from which you could not only survive the holiday craziness, but thrive in holy anticipation of the glory of Christmas.
- Where: Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine, 20189 Cabrini Blvd, Golden, CO (Exit #259 from I-70 West)
- When: November 30, 2017, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- What: Two brief sessions of Scriptural input to guide your times of silence and solitude.
- Who: Hosted by Howard Baker, Assistant Professor of Christian Formation, Denver Seminary.
- Cost: $50 which includes retreat, lunch, and an optional 30-minute session of spiritual direction. Spiritual direction will be provided by graduates of Denver Seminary’s MA in Christian Formation and Soul Care. A limited number of scholarships are available.
This retreat is sponsored by the Denver Seminary Soul Care Initiative. For more information contact Howard Baker at .