- Overnight Direct Care Staff
- Extended Hands of Hope
- Posted: 9/11/2017
- Salary/Range: $13.50/hr - $14.00/her
- Broomfield, CO
Description:Extended Hands of Hope is a non-profit that provides safe housing and supportive services to domestic sex trafficking survivors in order to empowering them to move forward with hope and dignity
• Understands and demonstrates a willingness to engage in the core values of Extended Hands of Hope and guiding values and philosophies for the program
• Represent Extended Hands of Hope in a positive way at social activities and events
• Abide by organization policies and procedures
• Possess crisis management skills
• Displays strength-based tendencies
• Effectively communicates with others
• Capable of performing multiple tasks and is well organized
• Works well on a team
• Staff maintains the routine, consistency, structure, and a democratic environment on an ongoing basis.
• Transports clients to and from activities, appointments, etc. on an ongoing basis as needed.
• Direct Care Staffs are responsible for meal preparation and supporting clients in practicing and learning independent living skills.
• Ensures that Avanti House is presentable, conducts daily room inspections, and oversees completion of chores.
Individual Service Plan Liaison:
• Writes and completes daily progress notes and shift summaries to be sent to the Program Coordinator. Shift summaries include but are not limited to documentation of behaviors, progress on individual service plan goals, sleep disturbances, and any incidents or reportable issues.
• Completes any necessary paperwork, such as incident reports, prior to leaving a shift.
Client Connections and Recovery Support:
• Maintains professional boundaries with children and acts as a positive role model.
• Communicates with clients in a strengths-based, trauma-informed, and respectful manner at all times. Refraining from derogatory comments or name calling. The latter type of word choices may result in disciplinary action.
• Utilizes de-escalation and trauma-informed behavior management techniques. When necessary employee engages personal managements to keep staff and clients safe.
• Demonstrates ability to identify concerning behaviors, anticipate potential problems, and provide for the child’s individual needs on an ongoing basis.
• Facilitates house groups on an on-going basis
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Thank you!