Development and Fundraising
- Development Director
- Extended Hands of Hope
- Posted: 10/31/2017
- Salary/Range: DOE
- Northeast Colorado
The purpose of the Development Director is to develop and execute strategic fundraising efforts. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and other key staff to plan, develop, and carry out an overall fundraising plan that includes but is not limited to fundraising events, cultivating relationships with current donors, seeking out partnerships with potential donors, secure corporate sponsorships, and design an annual fundraising report. The Development Director’s principal charge is to create numerous, efficient, and compelling opportunities for donors to support Extended Hands of Hope and to make the experience of giving satisfying and rewarding.
The successful candidate will bring passion, creativity and energy to their work, and an established record of securing major gifts from diverse sources. The Development Director will be passionate and comfortable discussing the complex issue of sex trafficking with current and potential donors. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Extended Hands of Hope continues to grow
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and execute EHH’s annual strategic fundraising plan
- Develop calendars and specific action plans for fundraising campaigns and activities
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of donor software
- Develop and cultivate ongoing relationships with donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee planning of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Work with EHH volunteers to develop peer-to-peer fundraising efforts
- Establish forecasts and prepare evaluations of fund-raising potential for the Development activities by identifying and rating prospects, with special attention given to those prospects having the highest potential.
- Direct the production, coordination and implementation of solicitation
- Direct the production of campaign summaries and management reports by setting priorities for support staff in order to implement campaign action plans, gauge results, and determine future courses of action.
- Understands and demonstrates a willingness to engage in the core values of Extended Hands of Hope and guiding pillars for the program
- Represent Extended Hands of Hope in a positive way at social activities and events
- Abide by organization policies and procedures
- Displays upbeat and positive attitude
- Effectively communicates with others
- Exhibits strong leadership and management skills
- Capable of performing multiple tasks and is extremely well organized
- Confident in abilities
- Sense of humor
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising for nonprofit organizations
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Bachelor’s degree or higher in nonprofit management, marketing, business, communications or a related field.
- Documentation of at least two professional references that attest to the person’s capability of performing the duties of the position.
- 2-3 years of substantive work experience in non-profit development, fundraising, and donor/grants management.
Trustworthy independent worker, willing to take strong initiative to accomplish goals
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in significant revenue growth in individual giving.
- Demonstrate proven and extensive successful fundraising experience including knowledge of best practices and current trends.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Very strong organizational skills; a keen attention to detail and follow-through.
- Confidence and presence in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Knowledge in the areas of sex trafficking a plus.
- Confident and effective communicator.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Kristen at