Office and Administration
- Manager of Finance and Administration
- Extended Hands of Hope
- Posted: 10/31/2017
- Salary/Range: $40,000-$45,000 DOE
- Northeast Colorado
The Manager of Finance and Administration is a strategic mission focused leader. This role reports to the Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Manager of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as EHH continues to grow and work on enhancing our quality programming in order to broaden our reach and expand our capacity. The Manager of Finance and Administration will be responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day operations of EHH.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner to the ED
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process along with the ED and Board Treasurer
- Oversee and lead budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the ED and BOD
- Manage and handle all accounts receivable and payable in partnership with the bookkeeper
- Implement a contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that all state, county, and local contracts are managed and are being adhered to according to required specifications for each entity
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the ED in a timely manner
Human Resources, Technology, and Administration:
- Further develop and manage EHH’s human resources policies and procedures
- Assist with all department recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, training, and exiting
- Assist with developing procedures that create a happy and healthy nonprofit within EHH, this includes researching best practices and overseeing compliance with policies
- Create and manage all job descriptions and assist in posting open job opportunities
- Develop and oversee all HR policies and procedures, and ensure they are in line with federal regulations
- Conduct monthly check-ins with Avanti House and administrative staff to resolve any issues or concerns that arise, and be available for any emergencies that take place
- Monitor employee records to ensure that employees are paid accurately through regular work pay, overtime, PTO, and other benefits and allowances
- Work with bookkeeper and staff supervisors to make sure that compensation is paid on time for all staff and vendors
- Manage staff appreciation procedures in partnership with department supervisors and administrative assistant
- Work directly with hiring managers and administrative assistant to oversee, manage, and file all personnel files according to company policies and state guidelines
- Manage all third-party vendors for operations and for Avanti House Manage administrative and facilities functions to ensure all needs are met and in compliance with state, county, and local government entities and partners.
Organizational Systems, Policies, and Structures:
- Work in partnership with the ED and BOD to create a strategic five-year plan
Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget in partnership with the ED and BOD
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization along with the ED and BOD
Resource Management and Fundraising:
- Assist in developing, implementing, and regularly reviewing a strategic development plan
- Ensure all house needs and program needs are met through donations and volunteers
- Communicate regularly with the Grant Writer to ensure accurate information and reporting
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the BOD to assist with all EHH events Communicate all organizational needs to ED and Development Director in a timely manner
General Duties & Expectations:
- Understands and demonstrates a willingness to engage in the core values of Extended Hands of Hope and guiding values and philosophies for our programs
- Represent Extended Hands of Hope in a positive way at social activities and events
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of females and clinical staff
- Ability to handle stressful and demanding situations
- Committed transparency, honesty and integrity
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to respectfully challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Willingness to understand trauma-informed care in order to better understand our working environment
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a challenging and growing working environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Finance or Business Administration.
- At least 3-5 years of overall professional business management experience; 2-3 years of broad financial and operations management experience required, nonprofit experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing HR functions and grant management
- High level ability to read and translate financial documents to leadership staff and the Board of Directors.
- Proficient working knowledge of computers, various software programs, and general IT competency.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Extended Hands of Hope .
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access .
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Federal Employment Laws.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
- Strong leadership and management skills and demonstrated experience required
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Kristen at