- Childrens Director
- Generations Church
- Posted: 9/20/2017
- Salary/Range: $100 a week
- Denver, CO
Description:Job Title: Children’s Director
Department: Family Ministries
Manager/Director: Family Ministries Director
Purpose of the Job:
To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and children’s ministry team of Generations Church (“Generations”). The Children’s Director will manage the church-wide direction of City Kids under the direction of the Lead Pastors and Family Ministries Director. This oversight includes direct responsibility for City Kids Elementary, City Kids Preschool, City Kids Nursery and City Kids Family Check-in.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
- Leadership background and experience serving with kids.
- Heart for children and parents. Proven ability to lead a team.
- Project management experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from team members to parents to kids.
- Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum development.
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving. Must be solution oriented. - Computer competency in Church Community Builder, Keynote, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee implementation of policies.
- Formulate children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new campuses.
- Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids, and team members.
- Analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
- Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for team roles.
- Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
- Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: budget forecasting, purchasing, departmental account tracking, and Human Resource needs.
- Help develop and maintain all security standards.
- Track growth for future development.
- Oversee and develop the Sunday experience for all children.
- Choose or develop curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of Generations.
- Function as the liaison for the department to the Directional Lead Team.
- Fulfill pastoral duties including coaching, communion, hospital visitation, and general
- Lead department meetings and empower team members to fulfill their unique roles
- Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the City Kids department.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Direct Report and Lead Pastors to ensure the vision of the Lead Pastors is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pastoral Care
- Conduct research at other churches regarding their approach to children’s ministry.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Share the vision of Generations Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Extent of Public Contact:
- Regular contact with children, parents and family members.
- Generations Pastors and staff members.
- Generations City Kids Team members.
- The ability to drive their personal vehicle.
- The ability to set up and clean rooms.
- Provide direct leadership, discipleship and management of the City Kids Team Members.
To Apply: Send resume to