- Youth Pastor / Youth Director
- Grace Christian Fellowship
- Posted: 9/1/2017
- Salary/Range: 35,000
- Cortland, NY
Grace Christian Fellowship
The purpose of the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship is about providing leadership,
discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating
teens from the Homer and Cortland Schools into the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship. The
Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent
Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and
Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
- Look for ways to develop teen leaders
- Find creative ways for outreach
- Recruit and Equip volunteers to work with teens
- Lead and provide service opportunities with teens
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This
program should run similar to the school year: Sept - May.
- Recruit Leaders/Teachers to work with Teens on Sunday morning
- Assist in Sunday morning Worship as needed outside of teen classes
- Train/Equip leaders for this task
- Create an easy entry point and exit point for teachers/leaders
3. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to
the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students.
7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
Ability to develop adults and students to assume leadership roles
Ability to relate to others, including adult leaders and the youth
Capable of understanding and excelling the current youth ministry model
Clearly explain complicated processes and regulations
Provide objective solutions to complaints/inquiries
Take initiative and jump headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
Effective at multi-tasking and time management
Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills
Experience with programming of experiences and events for teens
Exceptional problem solving skills
Strong working knowledge of office equipment and software use
Solid understanding of the Bible
Basic understanding of youth ministry
Competent in regards to technology and social media
Strong People skills
Strong work ethic with ability to cast/work towards a vision for Youth Ministry
High School Diploma or GED with undergraduate/ graduate schooling. Willing to finish or go back in the future if undergraduate work is unfinished.
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This
position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is
generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role
works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to
balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.
To Apply: Send Resume to