- Posted: 11/9/2017
- Salary/Range: Based on experience
- Grand Junction, CO
Description:HopeWest is one of the leading hospice and palliative care organizations in the U.S. In the past 25 years we have expanded our reach to serve 450 hospice patients and 150 home-based palliative care patients every day.
HopeWest has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row, including top five Family Friendliest in 2017.
The Chaplain provides spiritual support to patients and their families, including prayer, life review, life resolution and connects them to spiritual care resources in the community. Responsible for developing relationships with community clergy and for connecting patients and families back to their churches and pastors as needed. Also assists patients and/or families with funeral planning and conducting funerals. Responsible for planning and conducting hospice memorial services.
• One year of related chaplain/pastoral experience.
• Registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado within 3 months of hire. Maintains this registration throughout employment.
• Completed 2 units (or be in the process of completing) of Clinical Pastoral Education training.
• Valid Colorado driver's license and unlimited access to reliable transportation.
• Maintains adequate automobile insurance.
• Ability to set priorities and follow through.
• Able to participate in the on-call, holiday, weekend and after-hours programs.
• Reads, writes and speaks English in a manner that can be understood by others.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Susie Huston at