- Associate Director of Children's Ministries
- Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Posted: 10/3/2017
- Salary/Range: 40,000
- Lake Oswego, Or
Description:Associate Director of Children’s Ministries- Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
Passionate about preschoolers and their families? We have the perfect job for you!
In this position, you will be responsible for oversight of two areas in our Children’s Ministry department- Early Childhood (birth-Kindergarten) and Family Ministries. You will be able to give vision to large and small group preschool aged environments that engage children with biblical truth and nurturing relationships. As a part of the Children’s Ministry team, you would also have the opportunity to lead the ministry to families within our department. We’d count on you to develop the subculture of parents being committed to the spiritual formation of their children, and help them understand their role as lead partners in this effort. You would also oversee resourcing parents with tools and information necessary to best build into their child’s faith journey.
In this integral position within the church, you will report to and receive mentorship from the Director of Children’s Ministries. You will also serve on LGPC’s Equipping team, which is under the direction of the Associate Pastor of Equipping, and collaborates with Youth Ministries and Adult Christian Education.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
RELATIONAL: You are a bridge builder for people, as well as for ministries within the church. You work well with others, and know how to make others feel like they are important and included.
HUMBLE: You are emotionally intelligent, not afraid to ask for help and you willingly accept and act on feedback.
ADAPTABLE: You know how to go with the flow, and jump in and assist on projects that you may not necessarily lead, but that will help the organization or ministry as a whole.
DEVELOPER: You have the ability to turn thoughts, ideas and concepts into action, and how to inspire others to serve and find their purpose in ministry.
MAXIMIZER: You know how to make the best of what you have, and the time you have to do it in.
RESPONSIBILITY: You own projects and see them through, and take responsibility for their success.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
• Manage the area of Early Childhood Ministries (birth-Kindergarten).
• Connect with families and create a growing network of relationships with parents and families.
• Manage Early Childhood volunteers by vision-casting, recruiting, leadership development, inspiring, and training.
• Participate in curriculum development and execution within the area of Early Childhood.
• Ensure clean and safe environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies and resources within Early Childhood small groups and classes.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with the Children’s Ministry team and other departments within the church.
• Provide leadership in hiring and managing childcare workers and coordinators, in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministries.
• Oversee childcare coordinators who manage childcare scheduling needs, and who directly respond to childcare requests within the church.
• Help create a culture of WOW within children’s ministries- encouraging excellent hospitality and engagement through awesome experiences and environments
• Support the overall church by participating in church-wide functions, events and meetings.
• Strong management and organizational skills with results-focused leadership.
• Partner with other ministry teams and staff to strengthen children, parents, and families in the church, and to reach new people in the community.
• Provide accountability for the finances and budget for the areas of Early Childhood and Family Ministries.
• Gladly accept other projects as needed and assigned.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Associate Director of Children’s Ministry. You might not have everything noted below, but perhaps you have a strong combination of the following:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Children’s Ministries, elementary education or a related field;
• Experience working with children in a church or non-profit setting;
• Knowledge of the family ministries model as it relates to 252 Kids and First Look Orange curriculum;
• Demonstrated success managing and directing teams and programs;
• Ability to inspire and lead both staff and volunteers;
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire the confidence of volunteers and parents;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with results-focused leadership;
• Effective communication and organization skills;
• An understanding of Christian theology, including but not limited to the Reformed Tradition;
• A heart that is humble, faithful and honest;
• A mature, committed believer who can affirm the beliefs of Lake Grove Presbyterian Church and the PCUSA (this is a must.)
For Your Personal Well-Being We Offer:
• A strong vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions;
• Opportunity to serve in a ministry with a focus on children and their families;
• Wonderful staff of encouraging believers who will empower you in your faith;
• Flexibility of mid-week scheduling, as meetings and other responsibilities allow;
• Vacation/sick leave, paid holidays and medical/dental insurance;
• Retirement plan with organizational matching;
• Continuing education opportunities;
• A starting salary commensurate with your experience, ranging from $35,000-$45,000.
If you believe God is calling you to pursue this amazing opportunity, then please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can see if you are the perfect match for this position!