Technology and Computers (Networks, Internet, etc.)
- Full Stack Web Developer
- MOPS International
- Posted: 7/14/2017
- Salary/Range: $48,000-$55,000 depending on experience
- Denver, CO
Description:Weird name, great mission. Here at MOPS, we’re on the frontline of connecting a community of women on the crazy journey we call motherhood. We’re a family-friendly, faith-based organization looking for people who like to work hard, play harder and are ready to tackle a challenge. Don’t get us wrong, we’re also firm believers in developing a flexible work schedule that works for you, midday latte breaks and having chocolate just because. If the sweets and coffee aren’t enticement enough, we also offer benefits like health insurance, a 403(b) matching plan and lots of holidays and vacation days. So, if you’ve been searching for a group of life-changers, risk-takers and world-improvers to work alongside, then have we got a job for you!
MOPS International is looking to change the world by reaching one million moms in the next four years.
We are looking for a talented developer to join our team. We are a small development team that is
committed to creating the best web applications possible for our staff, volunteers, and moms. So pick up
your laptop, send us your resume and we'll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance.
Here’s the 411:
• Create new features as part of a team in our web based ERP software as well as our public website. Participate in the design process, programming, and testing of new features.
• Update legacy PHP to work with updated business rules or to add additional functionality to an existing feature.
• Be able to develop in front-end and back-end environments
• Diagnose issues with existing code and implement fixes quickly and accurately.
• Write effective and efficient queries in a MYSQL database.
• Actively participate in team meetings including daily standups, effort meetings, and sprint-end meetings.
• Complete assigned tasks within two-week sprint cycle.
• Work effectively independently and as part of our IT team.
• Accurately estimate the amount of work required for tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Systematic and methodical approach to reach a desired result.
• B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Science course work/relevant academic fields preferred.
• Work experience in developing and maintaining web applications preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of web application and systems design, database design and software development methodologies.
• Working knowledge of front-end design, graphical design, and usability standards a plus.
• Experience with Git/Gitlab a plus.
• Effective interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with team members, management, and MOPS staff.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic PC support skills in a Windows environment.
The Full Stack Web Developer is an in-office, full-time position that is eligible for all of our benefits. The salary range for this position is $48,000-$55,000.
Send us your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better! Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our mission.
To view the complete job description, go to http://www.mops.org/about/employment/.
Let the happy dance commence.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to We look forward to hearing from you!