- Social Media Strategist
- MOPS International
- Posted: 10/23/2017
- Salary/Range: $16/hr
- Denver, CO
Description:Weird name, great mission. Here at MOPS, we’re on the frontline of connecting a community of women on the crazy journey we call motherhood. We’re a family-friendly, faith-based organization looking for people who like to work hard, play harder and are ready to tackle a challenge. Don’t get us wrong, we’re also firm believers in developing a flexible work schedule that works for you, midday latte breaks and having chocolate just because. If the sweets and coffee aren’t enticement enough, we also offer benefits like health insurance, a 403(b) matching plan and lots of holidays and vacation days. So, if you’ve been searching for a group of life-changers, risk-takers and world-improvers to work alongside, then have we got a job for you!
MOPS International is looking to hire a full-time Social Media Strategist to help us become the go-to mothering resource. We want to transform the lives of one million moms and you can be a part of it! Pick up your laptop, send us your resume and we'll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance.
Here’s the 411:
• Manage MOPS social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
• Ensure all social media strategies, campaigns and content supports organizational goals, brand image, and value to the user.
• Strategize best social media campaigns to reach the masses with MOPS original content, driven by a call to register for membership, join a group, start a group or engage with MOPS in other ways.
• Exponentially increase following and engagement on all social media platforms.
• Identify upcoming social media trends, contexts and platforms to position MOPS on these platforms early.
• Provide regular analytics and direction for optimizing each media stream, including ROI on paid advertising.
• Secure relationships with social media influencers for mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Work with Campaign Strategist to reach social media goals associated with each campaign.
• Create social media calendar for maximized posting across all organizational spheres.
• Develop new and innovative ideas for widening our social media reach.
• Participate in brainstorming and other creative team sessions.
• Continuously listen to the mom audience so the MOPS message is relevant to each generation of moms.
• Maintain awareness of organizational needs, direction, strategic objectives, cultural and church trends, topics and concerns in order to maximize connection of need with solutions.
• Invest in a team that is passionate, hardworking, sometimes free-spirited and often hilarious.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
• Three years of social media marketing experience required.
• Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, trends and best practices.
• Project management skills to schedule and manage multiple concurrent campaigns.
• Creativity and proven track record with social media engagement.
• Thorough understanding of social media publishing tools.
• Experience with Hootsuite.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to organize, prioritize, and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Some design experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
• Ability to provide documentation, timetables, and follow-up for a wide range of projects simultaneously.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel.
The Social Media Strategist is an in-office, full-time position that is eligible for all of our benefits with an hourly rate of $16.
Send us your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better! Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our mission.
To view the complete job description, go to http://www.mops.org/about/employment/.
Let the happy dance commence.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to We look forward to hearing from you!