- Care Coordinator
- New Creations Inn
- Posted: 11/6/2017
- Salary/Range: ~
- Canon City, CO
Description:New Creations Inn
New Creations Inn is a Christ-centered, 12-month transitional housing program for families and individuals who are struggling in their current lifestyle and are ready to make changes to improve their quality of life. Our mission is to be a Christ-centered transitional housing program that is safe, structured, and supportive for those in need of refuge and restoration. All NCI staff provide recovery supportive services to NCI’s 1-2 year transitional housing clients and to respite clients as needed. Those interested are asked to submit their resumes at Loaves and Fishes Ministries or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Be a consistent office presence to help provide safety, structure and support for clients, volunteers, coworkers from other agencies and potential applicants.
• Answering phone, and promptly referring phone calls to correct person.
• Filing confidential client documentation.
• Assist walk-in visitors with hospitable reassuring welcome and community resource navigation and referral to other programs as appropriate.
• Manage the application and intake process including conducting pre-interviews with suitable applicants, assist them in enhancing their application, and scheduling interviews with full-time staff should there be availability.
• Empower male clients to meet their goals by reviewing weekly check-in sheets and finding a way to acknowledge or affirm each client based on sheet, accessing and assigning follow-up actions required by other staff, filing sheets and following up on missing sheets.
• Meet one-on-one with male residents. During this time offer support or specific skills training as needed based on individual goals (cooking, budgeting, shopping, filling out applications.)
• Developing each resident’s housing plan for after graduation, reviewing this plan regularly and assisting in action steps for clients to find stable housing.
• Teach one life skills class each week. Curriculum is provided.
• Providing transportation for residents to goal-related appointments.
• Advocating for clients with treatment providers, medical providers and other human service agencies (probation, parole, social security office etc.)
• Assist in communicating our mission and core values in word and deed inside and outside of the program.
• Assist in caring for and coordinating volunteers.
• Assist in interviewing potential residents.
• Help plan program events such as fundraisers and graduations.
• Build trusting transparent relationships with residents which empowers them to engage the program with authenticity.
• Assess maintenance issues that arise and make arrangements for issue to be resolved by appropriate volunteer, or professional.
• Lead in being a heartfelt team member of Loaves and Fishes Ministries.
• Show evidence of a daily walk with Christ.
• Display Christ in attitudes, words, interpersonal relationships and actions.
• Be willing and able to share their faith, offer godly counsel, and pray with clients as needed.
• Minister in a biblical and relational way, including one-to-one discipleship with males and facilitating group devotions.
• Weekly New Creations Inn Staff meetings
• Weekly Loaves and Fishes staff meetings
• Monthly NCI family meetings
This position will consist of 32 hours, four days each week. The position will have a fixed schedule which will be determined between the employee and the Program Director. Access to a vehicle for ministry use is provided.