Job Board

Job Board

Parachurch Ministry

  • Program Director
  • Open Door Ministries
  • http://odmdenver.org
  • Posted: 11/6/2017
  • Salary/Range: 70% base salary with opportunity to raise remaining 30%
  • Location
  • Denver, CO

Description:

Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: 40hrs/week
Salary:
• 70% Base salary provided with the remainder being raised
• Health insurance provided
• Retirement
Required Meeting Attendance:
• ODF chapel service
• Monthly ODM staff meeting
• Monthly Executive Staff meeting
• Regular meetings with Executive Director
• Regular meetings with staff who directly report to you
Church Attendance
• ODF or WCI Sunday service
Sabbatical: Yes

Job Purpose

The purpose of this Executive level position is to oversee the direct ministry programs of Open Door Ministries. The emphasis is on coming alongside the staff to help them implement, develop, and grow their specific ministries. As a member of the Executive Staff, the Program Director is also involved in overall ministry leadership.

Duties and Responsibilities

• Work as a team with the Executive Director, Business Director and other Program Director to coordinate upper level ministry efforts
• Directly oversee the following programs of Open Door Ministries
o LightHouse
o Cornerstone Home
o Learning Center
o Youth Center
o TRYAD
o Street2Life Print Shop
o Open Door to Success
o Westside Ministries

• Supervise the staff and/or volunteers who direct the above ministries.
• Strive to help each staff member and ministry under your supervision reach its full potential through ideas, program development, encouragement, accountability, and vision casting.
• Facilitate in the hiring of new staff for the above ministries
• Evaluate the staff in a general way throughout the year but specifically on an annual basis
• Give monthly written reports to the Executive Director including an overview of each ministry under your supervision and an overview of your activities for the month
• Hold your directors accountable for stats, outcomes, and other regular reports
• Work with the Business Director and the director of each of your ministries to determine appropriate budgets, hold staff accountable to them, and make necessary changes/deviations from the budget as the year proceeds.
• Assist the Executive Director with Fundraising for Open Door Ministries - including making phone calls, meeting with donors, and other opportunities as they arise
• Be involved with the overall strategic planning process.
• Assist in volunteer recruitment, placement, and management as necessary.


Qualifications

Bachelors or Masters degree in ministry, urban issues, or related field; 3+ years of full time ministry experience, preferably urban ministry experience; experience in community based development work; love for the city; demonstrated heart for urban issues; familiar with Microsoft office applications

Intangibles

• Lead in being a heartfelt team member of the Open Door Ministries staff
• Have a daily walk with Christ
• Show respect for the leadership and members of ODF and WCI
• Cover those in your area of leadership with prayer
• Be an active member of the larger urban ministry community within Denver


Work Environment and Physical Demands

• Work environment is both indoor and outdoor. Outdoor activities can be in extreme weather conditions such as rain, snow or high temperatures
• This job involves sitting, standing and walking

To Apply: Send a resume to