This fall, 12 churches from a competitive pool of applicants across the Denver Metro area will be selected to participate in the project. Over the course of three years, the Kaleo Project will work with each church to collaboratively discover how they can invite the young adults in their neighborhoods to engage the church. Each church will receive a Kaleo award consisting of:
- A grant of up to $30,000 to launch their respective ministries (up to $10,000 each year for three years beginning in 2018).
- Training for four “Kaleo Fellows”—congregants who steer the vision and implementation of the Young Adult ministry at their local church.
- Invitation to three annual “innovation hubs” in which participating churches will gather as a community to learn about ministry to young adults and best practices in ministry innovation.
- Participation in monthly online “Learning Labs” that center on a focused topic relevant to ministry to young adults. Churches will have an opportunity to provide input on desired topics.
- Participation in a learning community with peer churches. The Kaleo Project is passionate about the development of the “capital C” Church—the universal church—through the collaboration and community of Kaleo Project churches.
- A liaison who will focus on creating and sustaining relationships and assist with the design and implementation of innovative ministries.
- Invitation to the Finale Celebration in which we will celebrate the stories we have gathered during our three-year journey together.
To apply for the Kaleo Project Award, download the application and email it to Dr. Halee Gray Scott.