Who is eligible to participate?
We’re looking for churches of all sizes, backgrounds, and neighborhoods in the Denver Metro area that have the desire and capacity to:
- Be part of a learning community seeking to understand and engage young adults.
- Be explorers and adventurers open to new ways of outreach. Ministry to young adults may not look like ministry or outreach as usual. For example, effective ministry may not necessarily immediately equate with growing numbers; it may mean a rich relationship with young adults outside the walls of the church.
- Be comfortable with setbacks and maybe what seems, at first to be failure. The Kaleo Project is a learning journey, a seeking to understand how to reach the “Nones” of this generation.
- Commit to attending the three innovation hubs a year.
- Have a “team” mindset. The Kaleo Project is not a competition between churches, but a fellowship of churches committed to unity and to building up the capital “C” Church.
What is an innovation hub?
Innovation hubs are collaborative community learning opportunities where the Kaleo Fellows Team from each church will gather to learn together about ministry innovation. The innovation hubs are designed to facilitate ministry ideation and execution plans as well as build a sense of community among churches across the Denver areas.
When will the innovation hubs be held?
The innovation hubs will be held three times a year: in January, May, and September.
What is a Kaleo Fellow?
A Kaleo fellow is an individual selected and nominated by the pastor to be part of the team envisioning and executing the young adult ministry at your local church.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline for application is October 15, 2017.
When will you select the awardees?
Awardees will be selected and announced in mid-November.
Where will innovation hubs be held?
Innovation hubs will be held on the campus of Denver Seminary.
How does my church apply?
Applying is simple! Just download an application and covenant form and email them to Dr. Halee Gray Scott at