- Bilingual Family & Adolescent Therapist
- Savio House
- Posted: 10/10/2017
- Salary/Range: 43,000-44,500K
- Denver, CO
Description:PASSIONATE ABOUT PRESERVING FAMILIES WITH DELINQUENT YOUTH?
Savio, a private, non-profit agency, seeks a Bi-lingual Spanish MST/PSB Therapist to join our Denver team and providing intensive in-home services to families of youth 12-18 years old who have problem sexual behaviors.
POSITION’S PRIMARY FUNCTION/OBJECTIVE:
To provide family preservation or family reunification services to adolescents and their families who have problem sexual behaviors.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Provide community-based treatment for youth and family with problem sexual behaviors. Services are delivered in the home, neighborhoods, schools, and communities.
• Emphasis is on promoting behavioral change in the youth’s natural environment.
• Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying, and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
• Emphasizes the development and implementation of individualized, comprehensive, ecologically-based safety plans to minimize the risk of youth re-offending.
• Address family and youth denial about sexual offenses through a clarification process that emphasizes social-ecological drivers.
• Completes functional assessment of youth in the context of their family, school, and community.
• Empowers parents to address the needs of the youth more effectively.
• emphasizes long-term change that families can maintain after the program.
• Maintain contact with all involved professionals (victim therapists, caseworkers, probation/parole officers, GAL’s, parents, school professionals, etc.) to ensure agreement on treatment direction.
• Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and MST Analytic Process.
• Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
Savio offers a fun and challenging work environment, an opportunity to practice leading-edge treatment modalities, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including:
• 8 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Sick and Vacation Time after six months
• Employer-Funded Retirement Plan
A Master's degree is preferred in social work, counseling, psychology or related field.
If not licensed, must be registered with DORA, as a Registered Psychotherapist.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass a full criminal background check and have a current valid driver's license with a good motor vehicle record.
Savio House is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To Apply: Apply at www.saviohouse.org