- Day Treatment Counselor
- Savio House
- Posted: 1/11/2018
- Salary/Range: 35,000
Description:At-Risk Teen Counselor
Savio, a private, non-profit agency, seeks a dynamic, Day Counselor with knowledge of working with and caring for adolescents with special needs. We can promise you the most challenging group of adolescents you'll love.
Position’s primary function/objective:
To provide child care management to adolescent male residents on a 7-day-a-week, 24-hours-a-day basis. This is NOT a therapeutic position.
Job responsibilities include:
• Insure all residents are supervised at all times.
• Do periodic room and over all facility checks.
• Maintain the census log/clipboard at all times.
• Check residents in and out to school meetings, recreation, etc.
• Distribute medications at the prescribed times to specified residents.
• Never allow residents or facility to be left unsupervised.
• Call peer groups or house meetings whenever resident’s behavior dictates.
• Provide one to one individual crisis or/as needed counseling whenever resident behavior dictates.
• High School Diploma;
• 21 years of age or older;
• Good driving record and
• No criminal record.
To Apply: www.saviohouse.org