Teaching Positions (non-pastor)
- Chess + LEGO Instructor for After School Enrichment Program
- Strategic Kids
- Posted: 8/17/2017
- Salary/Range: Depends upon experience. well qualified candidates start at $15 per hour, plus driving reimbursements
- Centennial, CO
Description:Love Chess? Love LEGO? Love Kids? Love Teaching? Then we have the perfect position for you.
Our company's mission is to teach life strategies through games and we believe the fantastic game of chess and the awesome medium of LEGO teaches many life skills.
Come join our team to teach elementary aged children the ancient and challenging game of chess through exciting story-based lessons! Come join our team to teach Engineering, Architecture, Storytelling through the LEGO brick!
We are looking for energetic and reliable instructors to lead 1 hour classes after school Monday -- Friday. Each day of the week we have classes at elementary schools that meet for 1 hour following dismissal. Classes are for 1 hour, but we pay for 1.5 hours of work plus reimburse you for your driving. This is NOT a full time position - it is very part time and provides only supplemental income - but it is very rewarding and exciting to teach children of the next generation and pass along your knowledge!
This is great work for undergraduate and graduate students that are looking for experience in the classroom teaching children. Also great for other students as well! Work for us and we can provide letters of recommendation and a great reference on your resume.
Have your afternoons free because you work in the mornings? Then this position is for you.
We are currently looking for instructors to teach in Littleton and Jefferson County - including the areas north and west of e-470, west of I-25 and south of I-70. We are looking for instructors that live in those areas and willing to drive within those areas. The classes are part-time and provides only supplemental income.
Please only apply if part-time work is suitable to your schedule and needs. Looking to fill positions that start soon. Instructor meetings and beginning of the school year trainings are starting soon. Our offices are in Centennial, and is where we interview and train, but we do serve schools throughout the Denver metro area and your classes would be out and about in the areas listed above.
- be a highly motivated individual to bring your best everyday to every class
- experience working with elementary aged children
- at least a basic knowledge of Chess or LEGO
- willingness to teach chess through fun and innovative methods
- availability between 2:00pm -- 5:00pm
- available at least 3 days per week - preferably 5 days per week Monday - Friday
- reliable form of transportation that can get you to any school you are assigned.
- energetic and fun personality that allows you to inspire children
- must be able to pass fingerprinting/background check
To be considered, please reply with the following:
- times available each day of the week
- why you believe you are the best candidate for this position
- current resume
We look forward to hearing from you.
To Apply: Send requested information to