Services (Janitorial, Maintenance, Construction, Housekeeping, Landscaping, etc.)
- Maintenance and Facility Technician
- Valor Christian High School
- Posted: 11/10/2017
- Salary/Range: Competitive per industry standards
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Under general supervision, this position will provide preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance/ repair, and general facility support to school buildings, campus, school programs and events. Technician will perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks as well as facility support for faculty and staff, including a variety of duties relating to school event and program support.
Technician will be responsible for Work Order completion and continuously monitoring all buildings and surroundings at the school, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security or building and grounds upkeep issues. The ultimate goal of this position is to assist in keeping facilities and surrounding campus in operating order while assisting in general facility support in a variety of areas.
Possess and Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
• Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity
• Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work
• Demonstrate teach ability and a willing heart for service
• Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Trustworthy Commitment to Valor Christian High School
• Accept and uphold Valor’s Statement of Faith
• Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment
Provide Strategic, Effective, Inspiring Team Support
• Uphold and embody Valor’s culture as set forth in the Valor Culture Document
• Model servant leadership, grace and love in all relationships and interactions
• Provide team support regarding all matters, processes and initiatives
Demonstrate a Commitment to Fulfilling Valor’s Vision and Mission
• Assume collaborative responsibility for annual Operating Plan Goals
• Be a ‘culture- keeper’
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
• Participate in monthly Valor Team meetings and regular meetings with Supervisor
• Demonstrate teachability and be receptive to feedback
• Pursue continual professional/personal/spiritual growth and development
• Participate in the broader ministry of Valor by contributing of time, talent and treasure beyond assigned role responsibilities
Serve Wholeheartedly as an Exceptional Teammate
• Demonstrate loyalty to teammates in actions and words
• Pursue and uphold relational unity with Team members
• Attend ‘allhands’ meetings, events and activities
This Technician reports directly to the Facility Supervisor, however, will work primarily with the Preventative Maintenance Manager (PMM). PMM will direct and train technician as the PMM’s back up for Preventative Maintenance duties assigned by the Facility Supervisor or Campus Director. The Technician will interact with all full-time, part-time and seasonal employees, as well as students, parents and visitors. Additionally, the Technician will work closely with outside contractors and vendors as necessary throughout the year.
All employees would feel as though Valor’s work environment is exceptional, with full support from the facilities team to meet their operational and work environment needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
• High School Diploma or GED is required or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in facility maintenance with experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
• Strong “handy-man” skills with construction field knowledge and/or experience preferred
• Possession of a valid Colorado driver’s license at all times during employment
Required Competencies/Essential Job Functions:
• Basic knowledge of all hand tools (tools of the trade), equipment and machinery required to perform the jobs/tasks of a maintenance technician
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Chiller, Boiler, Air Handler Units and other HVAC mechanical operations, with ability to perform repair and maintenance as required
• Basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry knowledge and experience
• Ability to quickly address minor repair issues, such as, door repair, drywall, plumbing fixtures, etc.
• Ability to operate machinery such as lifts, pumps, motors, compressors, power tools, etc.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced, changing and sometimes stressful environment where you must be flexible and learn quickly
• Perform other miscellaneous facility support duties as specified by the Work Order system, or as directed by supervisor (although not all inclusive, duties may include: furniture moving, event set up and tear down, trash pick-up, painting, dry wall installation and repair, etc.)
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills that promote positive relations in dealing with faculty, staff, students, parents and visitors.
• Reliable and dependable with excellent problem solving skills
• Basic computer knowledge and skills to proficiently utilize work order system. Ability to communicate electronically both internally and externally
• Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with established work standards and safety guidelines
• Able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor with a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible and adaptable to changes in a growing culture
Position involves occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs). Will occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crawling, crouching, squatting and climbing ladders, etc. Exposure to noise, confined spaces, dust, debris and dirt. Requires ability to be on feet majority of work shift. Will work both inside and outside. Outside work in winter months is required for snow removal and maintenance and must be able to work outside in winter conditions.
POSITION TYPE: ‘C’ schedule (year-round)
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time
NOTE: The daily shift for this position is an eight-and-a-half-hour time frame with a 30-minute unpaid meal break mid shift. Work shift may vary between 7am – 8pm due to needs of the school or facility department. Overtime is required as needed. At least one Saturday per month for facility support is required and working all Home Football games. Other overtime may be necessary based on school needs. After hours, on-call duties may apply based on necessity.
SUPERVISION: Facilities Supervisor
To Apply: https://govalor.com/welcome/careers/