Development and Fundraising
- Advancement Assistant
- Posted: 9/7/2017
- Salary/Range: $18/hour
- Centennial, Colorado
Description:Position Summary: The Advancement Assistant provides administrative support to the Advancement Team in the areas of data entry and maintenance, donor research, events planning, and customer care.
• Assists Advancement in entering and maintaining donor data in Salesforce.
• Assists Advancement in building a culture of gratitude and member care for donors.
• Assists in preparing various mailings and in planning special events for the purpose of advancement.
• Organizes and manages multiple projects and meets deadlines.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality, and is comfortable with financial data and reports.
• Assures that the treatment of donor constituency is consistent with standards established by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and IRS regulations.
• Assures that the use of contributions is consistent with the designations of donors and, in the event that changes need to be made, donors are properly notified.
• Handles donor information with confidentiality; protecting the names of partners from public disclosure without prior approval.
• Promotes the vision and mission of the organization through interaction with colleagues, guests, potential partners, alumni, and board members.
• Promotes goodwill with other departments and with missionaries in a way that communicates a high level of commitment and concern for all who work for WorldVenture.
• Deep commitment to a personal relationship with God, reflected in a personal character that embodies the Christian values, beliefs and principles foundational to WorldVenture.
• An ability to relate to others in a way that exhibits humility, a willingness to learn, a servant-oriented attitude and helps to create a friendly community with a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Works in partnership with team members and interdepartmental teams in a cordial manner that promotes good stewardship of resources and provides an example that can be imitated by others.
• Values other members of the team and listens well to the concerns of others.
• Reacts well under pressure. Seeks to resolve conflict in a healthy and timely manner.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to provide exceptional administrative assistance, including the ability to proofread content for accuracy and for making sure the desired message is being communicated.
• Able to creatively assist in planning and implementing various functions for the advancement of God’s mission through WorldVenture.
• Able to organize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Able to work creatively and with limited supervision to prioritize and accomplish tasks.
Education or Formal training:
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree or the equivalent life experience that meets the demands of the job.
• Minimum of three years of experience in the area of Advancement.
• Understanding of missions.
• An intermediate to high skilled proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; experience in Salesforce software is preferred.
• Knowledge of social media and marketing preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
• Office environment
To Apply: Complete application at www.worldventure.com/jobs