General Statement of Job Function
The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement is a part-time position (20 hours per week). The incumbent organizes, coordinates and implements the varied administrative functions of the Advancement office and provides effective and efficient support to the Vice President of the department. Also functions as a key person in the implementation of departmental activities.
- Organizes and manages the office of the Vice President, such as answering and directing phone calls and emails, hosting guests of the Vice President, processing mail and managing the calendar of the Vice President.
- Coordinates the extensive travel arrangements of the Vice President. Administrates receipting and reimbursement process.
- Performs administrative work for the Vice President such as information and document processing, maintaining filing systems, record keeping, and managing correspondence.
- When the Vice President is off campus, keeps regular contact via phone or e-mail, keeping him/her updated regarding pertinent information. May include off-business hours.
- Enters follow up notes into donor database system, Raiser’s Edge.
- Assists with preparation for Board Meetings including collecting data, creating Power Point presentations, and innovating new ways to communicate information. May serve as a backup minute-taker to support the VP at Board Meetings.
- Write, edit, and manage donor appeals, follow up letters, and thank you notes.
- Works with the Vice President on other projects and perform duties that further the donor and fundraising of the seminary.
High school diploma required; college degree preferred; experience at executive level support strongly preferred. Developed interpersonal skills. Ability and commitment to discern and maintain confidentiality. Strong writing skills, editing skills, and proofreading abilities are required. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. Knowledge of office protocol and administrative procedures is required. A strong working knowledge of Office 365 and Sharepoint is highly valued.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with a desire to take initiative in a busy environment.
- Able to relate well to diverse audiences.
- Able to give careful attention to administrative details.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and manage deadlines.
- Innovative, flexible, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement supports this mission by:
- Efficiently administrating the VP of Advancement’s tasks to allow the VP of Advancement to focus on strategic issues and donor meetings.
- Increasing team cohesiveness by ensuring projects are managed effectively with clear deadlines and communications to deepen impact.
- Assisting to coordinate successful fundraising and outreach events.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to .
If you have any questions, please contact .