General Statement of Job Function
The Educational Services Specialist is a key member of the Educational Services Team that contributes to strengthening Denver Seminary as a special place to teach and learn. You will serve with a team of energetic innovators and ideators seeking new and meaningful ways to improve faculty support and administration as well as the overall teaching and learning environment. A winsome personality and “You go – I go” attitude are best suited for this team. You will serve the faculty and staff of the Seminary through a variety of service related tasks, use industry standard project management tools and practices, become a super-user in Excel and faculty data management software.
- Greet and administratively support faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the Educational Services office.
- Prepare and maintain project plans for team initiatives.
- Develop data-driven or research based reports.
- Facilitate the development and deployment of faculty communications and monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate the evaluation process for faculty and associated faculty including student course evaluations and faculty observations.
- Coordinate the comprehensive exam process.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Administrative office support as needed.
- Provide support for conferences, meetings, and events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Educational Services.
- College degree required.
- Prior administrative experience in an academic environment preferred.
- Commitment to discern and maintain strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Collaborative mindset with attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing work and tasks.
- Ability to anaylize data information from multiple software programs and create comprehensive and cohesive reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities, meet deadlines, follow through on projects and handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously while paying strong attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong multi-tasking skills required. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Adaptability to learn new software tools including Internet tools, Endnote, Adobe based products, SharePoint, CampusVue, and faculty data management software.
- Familiarity with Turabian and APA manuals of style is a plus.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Educational Services Specialist Work Study supports this mission by:
- Personifying the educational mission, core values, and Christian beliefs that are the foundation of Denver Seminary.
- Establishing positive relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
- Presenting an efficient and well run office with tasks well prioritized, completed, and performed on time.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.