General Statement of Job Function
This position is responsible to assist in the completion of maintenance work orders and special projects, as well as maintaining and improving Seminary grounds.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the Seminary’s HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Respond to maintenance and physical plant emergencies.
- Respond to service requests from staff and faculty.
- Maintain Seminary tools, shop, equipment and implements in good working order.
- Provide various safety and security functions as needed.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the campus grounds and irrigation system.
- Oversee and ensure the cleanliness of the campus buildings and grounds.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in response to service requests from staff, faculty and residents.
- Perform make ready operations in apartment units in preparation for new tenants.
- High School diploma required, College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of background in facilities maintenance preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools and operate machinery required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize, troubleshoot and solve problems required.
- Self-initiative, good interpersonal, communication and management skills required.
- Must be able to effectively build strong working relationships and work in a team.
- Good driving record needed.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Facilities Work Study supports this mission by having the following:
- Accountable to the care and appearance of Seminary grounds and landscaping.
- Work orders completed effectively.
- Positive representation of the facilities department to the Seminary community.
- Facilities department resources are used efficiently to provide effective assistance to the team and Seminary community.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.