General Statement of Job Function
The Registrar Services Specialist supports the overall customer service vision within the registrar’s office by processing and managing daily requests from students, faculty or staff; will provide direct technical assistance to the registrar; requires one to work independently, collaboratively, and cross functionally, and to work effectively as part of a team. This position is available either part time or full time.
- Provide overall management and maintenance of records room, student files, and archiving processes.
- Contribute to and support the student retention initiatives of the registrar’s office.
- Perform varied administrative work, which may include but is not limited to, researching and assembling information from a variety of sources for the preparation of records, reports, or manuals; proof-reading, editing and formatting documents for publication; entering, retrieving, and inputting data into computer systems quickly and accurately.
- Manage and complete daily requests that come through the registrar’s office, including items such as transcript requests, registration requests, audit applications, change of degree/major, enrollment verification requests, etc.
- Update, track and report student and/or institutional data.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff by being available to service walk-ins, answering phone inquiries, and emails.
- Support the academic advising coordinator by providing advising for all master’s level programs and assist students with the online registration process.
- Assist with new student orientation, commencement and other graduation events.
- Other duties as assigned by registrar and assistant registrar.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. An intermediate level of technical skillset is required with a strong preference for those who have experience with CampusVue/Nexus, Cognos or similar experiences with student information systems and reporting software.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree required.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance to one or more supervisors and /or working with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude major projects.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities, meet deadlines, follow through on projects and handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously while paying strong attention to detail and maintain confidentiality when needed.
- Individual must be a self-starter, self-directed, detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task. Strong interpersonal, organizational, phone and writing skills are required as well as an attitude of serving and putting the customer first.
- Prefer an individual who has had prior experience in higher education or a desire to grow and develop with a career in higher education.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Registrar Services Specialist supports this mission by:
- Accurately performing and efficiently providing and applying knowledge to obtain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to .
If you have any questions, please contact .