General Statement of Job Function
The work-study position is responsible for managing the front desk volunteer staff, and overall basic support duties within the clinic. Serve as administrative support to student counselors as needed. Participate in training practicum class each semester. Communicate regularly with the Clinic Assistants and the Clinical Training Director.
- Train and oversee font desk volunteer staff
- Draft, format, produce or reproduce letters and documents
- Organize and maintain student workroom and resources
- Help oversee overall clinic upkeep
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- General filing duties
- Replicating tasks
- Special projects as assigned
- Attend clinic staff meetings as scheduled
- To comply with federal funding, candidate must be a Denver Seminary MA Counseling (Licensure) student.
- Successful completion of Practicum is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the program requirements for Counseling (Licensure) students.
- Understands the importance of client confidentiality and can keep information confidential.
- Experience with administrative tasks is preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Professional telephone and correspondence skills.
- Is a mature person of integrity and is confident and professional when working with other students, professionals and the public.
- Is self-motivated, takes initiative and yet works well under authority.
- Punctual and reliable
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Outlook programs; proficient in using the internet.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Shepherd’s Gate Clinic Work Study supports this mission by:
- Representing Denver Seminary when interacting with the public.
- Effectively manage client files with confidentiality
- Keeping clinic documents and resources stocked and in order
- Accurately scheduling and recording daily counseling sessions
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.