General Statement of Job Function
Provide customer support to various departments of the Seminary, application and data support, and by driving efficiency for the student information system to meet business needs. Create academic, financial, compliance, and data extract reports from Campus Student Nexus, Nexus CRM, and Nexus Analytics data warehouse applications. Develop Nexus forms and workflows to meet department efficiency needs. Provide ongoing training to customers and administrative support of Nexus family of applications.
- Provide departments with Campus Student and CRM Nexus implementation support configuring set-ups, access permissions, reporting functions and expanding functionality tools.
- Create various reports (raw data exports, graphical) for internal customers – academic, financial, and compliance needs.
- Project Coordinator for various internal SIS projects (e.g. upgrades, redefined business process).
- Help implement new SIS functionality.
- Design Campus Nexus training resources for existing and new Campus Nexus users.
- Develop and maintain procedures and processes related to the Campus Nexus student information system.
- Develop varying Nexus forms and workflows to increase efficiency and ensure data integrity and flow.
- Understand department processes and how relates to the SIS.
- Departments with other technology systems, document how data flows to/from the SIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or business preferred.
- The individual must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience using, implementing and maintaining student information system software in higher education: Campus Nexus Student and Nexus CRM preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of higher education student life cycle, enrollment management, student data collection, state and federal compliance requirements and related business functions.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted academic policies and procedures required.
- Must be a self-starter, self-directed, and able to appropriately prioritize many customer request and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Work experience should include a record of creativity, innovation, and initiative.
- Ability to cultivate and convey an open and collaborative work style.
- Excellent knowledge of a complex student information system and skill to configure and maintain such application and peripheral components.
- Query and extract data using Microsoft SQL for troubleshooting and creating various reports (raw data and graphical reports).
- Work effectively in a team environment including with staff, faculty, students, and SIS vendor.
- Help facilitate SIS meetings with department directors.
- Create dynamic Nexus forms and workflows. Ability to understand common programming concepts.
- Drive solutions to completion in a timely manner facilitating and managing through roadblocks.
- Professionally work through conflict and difficult customer situations.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel and negotiate adequate solutions.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of SIS Administrator supports this mission by:
- Accurate and timely data reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving standardization in setup and business processes across all departments.
- Efficient coordination of SIS upgrades and other SIS projects.
- Provide regular user training of current and new features.
- Lead promoter of new (and existing) SIS/CRM functionality.
- Continual development of efficient and accurate Nexus Forms and Workflows.
- Improve cross-departmental coordination as it relates to educational program projects.
- Effective support and timely response to: customer requests, Seminary initiatives, and other tasks assigned.
- Professional interaction with all staff, faculty, students, and vendors.
- Clear documentation on where data flows to/from the SIS.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to .
If you have any questions, please contact .