General Statement of Job Function
The Retreat Operations Coordinator will be a part-time position supporting the director of the Soul Care Initiative and the Soul Care Associate in the operational and developmental aspects of the SCI. This part-time staff position (estimated at 20 hours per week) will focus on event planning, administration, volunteer coordination, and program evaluation.
- Coordinate event planning aspects of all SCI events, including guiding and supporting volunteers, working with vendors, facilitating set-up/tear-down, etc.
- Execute all administrative tasks for the SCI, including formatting documents, printing and organizing materials, purchasing and organizing supplies, etc.
- Assist the Soul Care Associate in evaluation of SCI programming, including collecting and analyzing data about attendance, referrals, etc.
- Support the SCI Director and Soul Care Associate in delivering exceptional programs serving pastors and faith leaders in the Denver area.
- Support the mission and vision of the SCI through interpersonal, written, and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years experience planning events.
- At least 2 years experience coordinating volunteer teams.
- Experience in program evaluation and fundraising.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to execute several tasks simultaneously to exceed expectations.
- Self-motivated team player willing to take the initiative to complete the necessary task at hand.
- Calm demeanor under pressure.
- Professional approach who can effectively and creatively solve problems and cultivate strong relationships with teammates, volunteers, event attendees, and other constituents.
- Humility and willingness to continually learn and grow personally and professionally.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Soul Care Retreat Operations Coordinator supports this mission by:
- Supporting the SCI Director and Soul Care Associate in delivering exceptional programs serving pastors and faith leaders in the Denver area.
- Maintaining strong relationships with volunteers, vendors, and attendees of SCI events to contribute to the strong reputation of Denver Seminary and the SCI.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to .
If you have any questions, please contact .