General Statement of Job Function
Provide general administrative assistance to the Student Life department.
- Assist the Student Life department in planning and preparing student events and services including contacting outside vendors, creating marketing materials, managing sign-ups, setup/cleanup, and compiling and processing feedback.
- General entry and compilation of data from surveys and event feedback forms.
- Maintain Common Ground Chapel attendance records.
- Maintain Food Closet records.
- Extensive written and verbal communication within the seminary community and with the general public.
- Assist the Student Life department with design, print and distribution of advertising materials and promotional processes (i.e. Display slides, bulletin boards, school-wide emails and mass texting).
- Edit and distribute Campus News and write articles when necessary.
- Update the Student Life resources website.
Current Denver Seminary student or family member. Prior experience in an office setting is preferred. Candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and the ability to discern and maintain confidentiality. Strong writing skills, editing skills, and proofreading abilities are required. Administrative experience, such as typing, filing, and experience with standard office equipment is required. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Personal commitment to Christ and service to others. Self-starter and self-motivated with a desire to take initiative in a busy environment. Able to relate well to diverse audiences. A team player. Able to give careful attention to the management of administrative details. Accepts supervision and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to multitask and manage time. Innovative and flexible. A general interest and willingness to participate in Student Life events and activities. The ability to connect the daily tasks with the over-arching vision of Student Life.
An efficient and well run office with tasks performed effectively and on time. Positive relationships established with both internal and external constituencies. Tasks well prioritized. Adequate and appropriate support provided to the Student Life department, resulting in a well-organized, student friendly, and smoothly running department.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time and frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Includes physical labor to setup tables, chairs, sound equipment and other equipment for events.Work is performed in an office environment and requires working at a computer for extensive periods of time; eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, the ability to distinguish letters and symbols, corrected vision and hearing within normal range. Requires speaking and writing proficiently in the English language. Requires working under occasional stressful conditions. Requires the use of office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, copiers, adding machines, fax machines. High contact with members of the seminary community and external public.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to .
If you have any questions, please contact .