General Statement of Job Function:
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world.
The Assistant Director of Facilities leads a team to ensure that the campus is a clean, safe, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Oversight of daily tasks to maintain proper operations of facilities, including the general campus, building, and apartments. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Assistant Director will collaborate with external vendors to support janitorial services, remodeling, and new construction.
- Supervise daily operations of the campus facilities maintenance and physical plant operation, including building upkeep and repairs, renovations, care of lawn and grounds, and snow removal.
- Ensure the ongoing operational effectiveness of all Seminary mechanical systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing etc.)
- Help to establish priorities, plans and goals for the department, ensuring alignment with organizational mission, vision and goals.
- Ensure quick, professional response to maintenance/physical plant emergencies and service requests.
- Help to ensure quality workmanship of vendors and employees in all areas.
- Ensure that seminary vehicle(s), equipment and implements remain accessible and in good operating condition.
- Ensure attractive, clean, and safe campus whether accomplished through employees or outsource vendor partners.
- Assist with administrative functions, department communications and record keeping.
- Provide support for security incidents, campus drills and safety activities in support of the department of Risk Management.
- Perform on call responsibility on a rotating basis.
- Actively participate in any legal proceedings involving Denver Seminary as requested. This may involve employee and or student interactions.
- High school diploma required
- Technical training preferred
- 5 years minimum experience in a facilities/physical plant or property management environment
- Supervisory experience required
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and structural building systems
- Computer skills necessary to process service requests and maintain accurate records
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Function as a team player and a positive representative of the department to the seminary community
- Ability to multitask and quickly adjust priorities.
- Positive mental attitude.
The position of Assistant Director of Facilities supports the mission of Denver Seminary by:
- Seminary infrastructure that works consistently and effectively.
- Work that is high quality delivered in a timely manner.
- An effective, professional facilities team.
- Seminary buildings, offices and grounds are kept in good condition and aesthetically pleasing.
- Department operates within budget.
- High quality customer service resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is performed both in an office environment and outdoors.
This job position is moderately physically demanding and requires physical coordination. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; move heavy objects, climb ladders, use machinery, talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. The position also involves extensive contact with staff members, faculty and administration. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and vendor agreements is needed. The ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community is required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but may be loud at times.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.