General Statement of Job Function
The Associate Director of Admissions will oversee the day-to-day recruitment operations as the manager of the admissions counselor team. They will be responsible for the training and management of admissions counselors, coordination and facilitation of recruitment initiatives, admissions funnel data reporting, the completed admission application process, and providing strategic direction for the admissions counselors. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management to implement individual and team recruitment goals on an operational level.
- Train, supervise, and manage the admissions counselor team.
- Work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management to create and implement recruitment strategies to successfully meet annual admissions goals and targets for new student enrollment.
- Oversee the execution of recruitment initiatives and facilitate decisions regarding prospective student applications and situations.
- Identify and respond to challenges and opportunities in the admissions funnel.
- Manage weekly admissions dashboard reporting and communicate task lists to the counselors based on funnel data.
- Coordinate the completed admission application review process with admissions counselors and program faculty.
- Perform performance evaluations and manage professional development for admissions counselors.
- Strategize and coordinate travel recruitment opportunities for staff and faculty
- Collaborate with the PhD team to support doctoral recruitment systems and initiatives for their program
- Maintain outgoing admissions communication, including campaigns and email blasts, in direct collaboration with the Senior Operations Specialist.
- Represent and promote Denver Seminary on recruitment trips as necessary (5-10%).
- Convey professional, captivating information and advice to prospective students via presentations, email, publications, telephone, and in-person interactions with respect to admissions procedures, degree programs, student life and other related topics.
- Act as an event lead during recruitment events such as Preview Days, student visits, and inquiry call days.
- Maintain admissions policies and procedure documents and ensure training documents are up to date.
- Manage a small caseload of prospective students as necessary.
- Actively participate in any legal proceedings involving Denver Seminary as requested. This may involve employee and or student interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in fields related to admissions and recruitment with increasing leadership
- Experience in training and managing direct reports
- Experience with CRM and database software
- Excellent oral, written, and presentational skills
- Computer and software proficiency skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, the intricacies of theological education, degree program requirements, competencies and training required for various ministries, federal/state policies and regulations related to student enrollment
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Loyalty to the mission of Denver Seminary, with the ability to market the institution to prospective students
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith
- Personal integrity which inspires confidence in the school’s constituents
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, navigate learning curves, and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Self-driven, results-oriented, ability to maintain a clear focus on high quality and business outcomes
- A forward planner and goal-setter that continually assesses individual and team performance
- Commitment to discern and maintain confidentiality
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in both written and oral form
- Excellent public speaking, team leadership, and analytical skills
- Able to make complex judgment calls on applicant situations
- Able to provide clear feedback and instruction to the counselor team
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Associate Director of Admissions supports this mission by:
- Effectively implement recruitment strategies and exercise team management skills that:
- Increases office efficiency and performance by managing the daily execution of admissions tasks
- Creates a streamlined and effective counselor team that fits the culture of the enrollment management team
- Ensures the admissions team is strategically meeting its enrollment goals in a way that is data-informed and improvement-oriented
- Provides crucial operational support for the director of enrollment management
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Scale: $41,800 to $51,500/annual