General Statement of Job Function
The Business Intelligence Analyst will, in coordination with Vice Presidents, Director of Institutional Research, and other department directors, understand report and dashboard requirements and develop such reports and dashboards to enable the requestor to analyze the data and identify common threads and trends. Continuously improve datasets and reports with more relevant and insightful information to support data-driven decisions. This position requires ETL on some data sources to incorporate a comprehensive date view.
- Gather and understand data and report requirements from end-users.
- Create complex T-SQL queries and stored procedures creating datasets to bring together data from within the Student Information System (SIS) and other department databases as needed.
- Develop and maintain complex reports and visually appealing dashboards using SSRS and Power BI.
- Perform ETL functions and data mapping using SSIS.
- Assist with Power BI and SSRS administration (i.e. set up and configuration), train users how to consume reports and navigate Power BI.
- Address ad-hoc requests for data.
- Advocate the benefits of Business Intelligence to the seminary community and how data-driven decisions can positively impact reaching Denver Seminary’s strategic goals.
- Daily use of T-SQL, stored procedures, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned that support Denver Seminary’s or IT goals.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Associates degree or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in higher education highly preferred.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments and agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Must be proactive, attentive to detail, and capable of delivering high quality work with general supervision.
- Moderate to complex experiencing using T-SQL, stored procedures, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server database and application file export / import integrations (e.g., SFTP)
- Moderate knowledge of a Student Information System and higher education processes.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical end-users with a teaching mind set.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with the seminary community and team members.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- The ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve varying functional and technical problems.
- Works well in a team environment and is committed to making the team a success.
- General understanding of technology concepts and approaches.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Business Intelligence Analyst supports this mission by:
- Completion of assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner using the IT helpdesk system to track and prioritize requests.
- Have a sense of ownership of the systems and applications supported. Be a leader in advocating for Business Intelligence across the seminary community.
- Interact with end-users in a professional manner always looking for opportunities to teach and improve.
- Have a continuous improvement mindset for all responsibilities.
- Strict adherence to data integrity and privacy.
- Provide technical solutions and processes that align with IT department goals and values.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.