- Campus Ministry Staff with Grace Baptist Church at Kent State University
- Posted: 4/29/2021
- Salary/Range: Competitive non-profit wages & benefits
- Kent, OH
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
1. Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
2. Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
3. Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
1. All things belong to God.
2. Jesus changes people’s lives.
3. We love college students.
4. We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
5. Faithfulness is pursued together.
6. We celebrate life.
At the core of CCO ministry is the understanding that God works through the Church to fulfill His purposes in the world. This means the local church is the proper context for gathering, equipping, and sending students into a life-long Kingdom mission. Our Partnership model ensures the CCO and local church gather around a shared vision, design a ministry strategy, and choose a Campus Ministry Staff person together who will help mobilize the church to reach students and develop them as future Christian leaders.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Direct the volunteer efforts of Grace Baptist Youth & College Ministry Committee, serving at Grace Baptist Church (GBC) as the Director of Student Ministries. Provide direct oversight of the junior high and high school student ministries of Grace Baptist, in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Coordinator. Build & encourage greater ministry collaboration between the CCO’s current ministries at Kent State University and Grace Baptist church family. Develop college student disciple makers at Kent State University by sharing the Gospel, inviting students into the life of the local church. Develop deep collaboration between Grace Baptist church members, college students and youth to promote strong intergenerational biblical discipleship, life-long commitment to the Church, and the flourishing of Christ’s kingdom in their local context and all areas of life.
* Create and routinely revise a ministry plan according to the CCO’s Annual Ministry Plan and Campus Playbook.
* Ensure a consistent and visible presence of Grace Baptist Church on campus and in meeting with students through regular participation in the CCO’s Late Night Christian Fellowship at Kent State University.
* Collect and maintain student contact information using the GBC database system (Breeze), following up with & inviting students into discipleship and ministry opportunities with Grace Baptist youth.
* Invite and facilitate ministry opportunities that encourage (and equip for) engagement between the College & Youth Ministry Committee of Grace Baptist with the Late Night Community (and broader KSU student body). Facilitate gatherings throughout the week that include prayer, teaching, evangelism, leadership development, and applying Scriptures to life in college and beyond.
* Invite college students regularly to church & youth gatherings, CCO’s Jubilee conference, and other transformative opportunities—including CCO Summer Opportunities.
* With the Youth & College Ministry Committee of Grace Baptist, develop and implement a plan for regular large group fellowship, small group Bible studies and other discipleship opportunities for students on campus to engage with the youth in the church and community.
* Engage in multi-ethnic events and connect students with leaders/mentors of color. CCO staff, partners, and leaders ensure CCO teams, groups, and events reflect the diversity of the campus we serve.
* Connect students into discipleship opportunities and relationships within the Grace Baptist church body.
* Invite and equip congregants to provide hospitality, mentorship, and discipleship of college students to encourage and equip them for discipleship opportunities in the lives of the next generation.
* Contribute to the overarching goals and efforts of the entire church by being an active part of the staff team and maintaining a servant-leadership mentality in all aspects of ministry.
* Direct the efforts of the Youth & Collegiate Ministry team of Grace Baptist to give equal devotion to the development of the three critical age groups of this ministry: middle school, high school, and college/young career in the development of a holistic ministry that focuses on outreach and connects students into the life and ministries of the church.
* Communicate vision for the youth & collegiate ministry consistently with parents (and larger Grace Baptist family) to enable them to better understand the purpose of the middle school, high school, and college/career large groups, small groups and evangelistic and social outreach events.
* In collaboration with the existing CCO ministry efforts in Kent, develop and mobilize student leaders to co-labor in the on-campus fellowship, evangelism, and Bible studies.
* Disciple and mobilize leaders among students at Kent State University and the youth of GBC to faithfully live out their faith in service and evangelism in the Kent community and beyond.
* Develop and provide oversight of all student leadership teams (youth & college), and mobilize college students for faithfulness in their vocational calling, including vocational ministry (i.e. CCO Fellows).
Ministry Context & Partnership
* Steward a positive relationship with Grace Baptist Church that encourages long-lasting ministry in partnership with CCO.
* Attend regular Grace Baptist Church staff meetings.
* Establish a regular calendar of events for youth engagement & excitement with retreats, missionary apprenticeship opportunities and service projects.
* Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with college, high school, and middle school students on “off hours” (concerts, games, etc.) with respect to the differing ages and the allowances given and needed to build authentic relationships with the specific age groups.
Other Projects & Duties Assigned
* Provide weekly reports to the GBC Youth & College Ministry Committee and CCO Staff Director.
* Initiate contact with other campus ministry workers to pray for the community.
* Participate in all required CCO Training.
* Report ministry outcomes through CCO Mid-Year Reflection and Annual Campus Stats documents.
* Pray regularly and frequently for the ministry of the CCO.
* Exceed 100% of support raising ministry goals.
* Complete other duties and projects as assigned by GBC Youth & College Ministry Committee and CCO Staff Director.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* At least one year of ministry experience, preferably with the CCO.
* Good communicator.
* Motivates and inspires others to join mission.
* Learns quickly from success and failure.
* Understands young audiences and CCO ethos.
* Ability to lead and collaborate with teams.
* Manages competing priorities and tasks in a timely manner.
* Displays initiative and can work independently.
* Ability to engage a wide range of audiences.
* Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
* Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and CCO employee handbook.
* Review and adhere to all general expectations of Grace Baptist Church’s staff team members.
* Plan and pursue professional development opportunities approved by CCO supervisor.
* Maturity to be a pastoral presence in the lives of students.
* Enjoys listening to and collaborating with others.
* Positive attitude.
* Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel, the church, and students.
* Proactive in preparation and timely in response.
* Encourages the growth and development of others.
* Values excellence.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply today, please use the following link: https://www.comeet.com/jobs/ccojubilee/B3.003/campus-ministry-staff--grace-baptist-church--kent-state-university/91.F12
To Apply: Tim Smith: