Counseling - Licensure required
- Student Supervisor and Licensed Behavioral Health Provider
- Clinica Tepeyac
- Posted: 11/4/2019
- Salary/Range: $56,000-$64,000 depending on experience
- North Denver
Description:MISSION: To inspire health, wellbeing and humanity in our community, through all of life’s stages.
Now in its 25th year, Clínica Tepeyac is a community health center providing integrated physical and behavioral health care to almost 5,000 individuals from across the Denver metro area annually. Clínica Tepeyac has distinguished itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to eliminating health disparities, with a particular strength serving Latino and immigrant communities. Clínica Tepeyac maintains an unwavering commitment to high quality patient care and continual quality improvement, and to treating each patient with the highest level of respect and compassion. Clínica Tepeyac is actively pursuing a strategic vision to more than double patient visit capacity, with the addition of pharmacy and dental services in the next 3-5 years.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide behavioral health consultation, brief assessment, prevention and education, and therapeutic interventions to children, adolescence, adults, families and couples within their medical home in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Oversee internship program and provide weekly supervision to behavioral health student interns. Work closely with Director of Behavioral Health and Wellness to develop, implement and refine Behavioral Health Program initiatives.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology.
• Licensure required: LPC, LMFT, LCSW or licensed Psychologist in the State of Colorado. Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) preferred.
• Three to five years of experience working with adolescents, children and families.
• Experience collaborating with a Multidisciplinary team. Previous experience supervising unlicensed. Behavioral Health Clinicians (BHCs) or interns.
• Familiarity with a primary care/pediatric environment is a plus.
• Program development experience.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate crises and apply appropriate interventions.
• Actively participate in meetings that support the Primary Care Clinic(s) integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
• Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of treatment plans to prevent further psychological or physical deteriorations.
• Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
• Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
• Teach patients, families and staff care, prevention and treatment enhancement techniques.
• Assist in the development of effective infrastructure to support the model of care developed.
• Provide diagnostic mental health assessments as well as individual, couple and/or group psychotherapy and crisis interventions to assigned clients (both children and adults).
• Support adolescents, children and their families using a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies (e.g. treating trauma across the lifespan).
• Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the Individual/family’s growth and development.
• Maintain accurate and timely clinical documentation consistent with agency standards.
• Participate in team meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
C. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatment for medical and mental health conditions.
• Knowledge of methods of assessment and psychotherapy.
• Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
• Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
• The ability to focus on strengths.
• The ability to partner with clients and families and work alongside them as they shape their wellbeing and progress.
• The ability to collaborate and work effectively on a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to think creatively and enjoys working in common work spaces.
• The ability to laugh with others and have a sense of humor.
• Knowledge of Word Processing software and familiarity with Electronic Health Records.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Respect- Values culturally competent approach to working with low income and ethnic minority communities.
• Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of the team above own interest; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; works well in multidisciplinary team settings
• Customer Service – Strong customer service skills exhibited in excellent, unbiased and culturally appropriate customer service to patients and the community; ability to handle difficult and angry people constructively; savvy enough to interact with physicians and clients,
• Interpersonal Skills – Excellent written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills; focuses on solving conflict in cooperative manner, not blame; keeps emotions under control
• Cost and Time Consciousness – Knows how to manage time and prioritize activities
• Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural diversity.
• Ethics and Professionalism – Treats people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position and is accountable for own actions
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures established by Clinica Tepeyac; visible to staff, offering support and modeling service behaviors and concern resolution process
• Safety, Confidentiality and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. Maintains a secure and trusting environment as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
• Engagement – Attends and participates in two organizational fundraiser events per year.
• The position will require shared responsibility for supervision of Master/Doctoral level interns, including: being contact point for students/schools, managing schedules (students, volunteers, etc.), providing training, assuring appropriate documentation, consistent QA/QI related development regarding BH and the student program, and other supervisory duties as assigned.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Thank you!