Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Accounting Clerk
- Clinica Tepeyac
- Posted: 11/19/2019
- Salary/Range: $19/hr
Description:MISSION: To inspire health, wellbeing and humanity in our community, through all of life’s stages.
Now in its 25th year, Clínica Tepeyac is a community health center providing integrated physical and behavioral health care to almost 5,000 individuals from across the Denver metro area annually. Clínica Tepeyac has distinguished itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to eliminating health disparities, with a particular strength serving Latino and immigrant communities. Clínica Tepeyac maintains an unwavering commitment to high quality patient care and continual quality improvement, and to treating each patient with the highest level of respect and compassion. Clínica Tepeyac is actively pursuing a strategic vision to more than double patient visit capacity, with the addition of pharmacy and dental services in the next 3-5 years.
Under direct supervision of the Revenue Cycle Manager, this position is responsible for supporting day to day accounting activities including, but not limited to Accounts Receivable, billing and financial reporting.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred, or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business and/or Finance.
• Experience: 3-5 years performing duties as accounting clerk/bookkeeper/accountant. Experience may include performing a supporting role or responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable or payroll. Experience in a non-profit and/or clinical setting preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and other related software.
• Experience with Abila (Sage) MIP Accounting Software highly desirable.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare weekly cash deposits including counting cash, detail coding for patient payments, receipts from grants, fund raising events, donations and other miscellaneous receipts.
• Post all billing journal entries in the accounting system, Abila.
• Prepare grant invoices for both Federal and State awards.
• Assist in generating monthly financial reports for numerous grants and contracts.
• Assist with accounts payable related activities including performing data entry, maintaining accounting records and filing documents.
• Month end reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts.
• Respond to patient and payer inquiries, collaborate with other departments to resolve billing issues.
• Analyze, troubleshoot and effectively solve and report revenue cycle issues.
• Track and generate semi-annual reports required for the Denver Enterprise Zone tax credit program.
• Generate 1099s at year end for qualified vendors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Detail-oriented, efficient and organized.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical.
• Maintain a creative and positive approach to communication and problem solving.
• Respect- Values culturally competent approach to working with low income and ethnic minority communities is a must.
• Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of the team above own interest; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; must be able to work well in multidisciplinary team settings.
• Customer Service – Excellent, unbiased and culturally appropriate customer service to patients and the community; ability to handle difficult situations constructively; emotionally intelligent, experienced and can confidently interact with physicians and clients.
• Interpersonal Skills – Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills; focuses on solving conflict in cooperative manner.
• Cost and Time Consciousness – Must know how to manage time-lines with a sense of urgency; prioritize activities to complete projects, reports, and deliverables.
• Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural diversity.
• Ethics and Professionalism – Accountability for one’s own actions.
• Organizational Support – Follows established, and future, policies and procedures of Clínica Tepeyac; provides internal customer service by being visible to staff, offering support, modeling service behaviors, and concern resolution process.
• Safety, Confidentiality and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. Maintains a secure and trusting environment as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, which is predetermined between the employee and the person(s) they report to.
• Engagement – Required to attend and participate in two organizational fundraiser events per year.
The pay rate for the Accounting Clerk is $19/hr. We are looking for someone who wants to join our small but strong Finance team in the Accounts Receivable role. The position requires someone who is able to work independently and as a team, who is a learner, asks questions and picks up new tasks quickly with great attention to detail. This is not a supervisory role. Clinica Tepeyac offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, an FSA, a 401k, and disability insurance (employer paid). We provide nine paid holidays and approximately four weeks of PTO. I have attached the job description for your review.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Thank you!