Commencement 2018 is right around the corner! For those of you wondering about dates and scheduling, check out the information below. Or you can view the full Commencement Calendar.
- Awards Service: Friday, May 11, 2018.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Chapel
- Graduation Picnic: Friday, May 11, 2018.
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm in the Courtyard
- DMin Graduate Event: Friday, May 11, 2018.
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm in the Executive Board Room
- Commencement Rehearsal: Saturday, May 12, 2018.
7:30 am at Southeast Christian Church
- Commencement Service: Saturday, May 12, 2018.
10:00 am at Southeast Christian Church
- When: Friday, May 11 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: Denver Seminary Campus in the Chapel
- What: Join us for a celebratory time of worship and a charge from President Mark Young to the new graduates. Commencement awards will be handed out to those graduates receiving one. The whole student body is encouraged to attend this joyous occasion.
- When: Friday, May 11 at 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Denver Seminary Campus in the Courtyard
- What: After the awards service, students, faculty, family and friends are invited to gather on campus for a graduation picnic. This will be an informal time of fun, fellowship and food. Barbeque sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs and the usual picnic sides and drinks will be served. This is a ticketed event.
- Cost: Graduates will receive 2 free tickets when they pick up their regalia. Additional tickets are $9 for adults and $6 for children. Tickets can be purchased through the student accounts office beginning Monday, April 9 up through Wednesday, May 9. That office is located in the lower level of the administration building and is open 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door the day of the event on a cash only basis.
DMin Graduate Event
- When: Friday, May 11 at 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Denver Seminary Campus in the Executive Board Room
- What: DMin graduates will gather for a celebratory time of food and fellowship. We will gather to honor DMin graduates during this recognition moment. There will also be a time for each graduate to share their thesis impact.
- When: Saturday, May 12 at 7:30 am
- Location: Southeast Christian Church, 9650 Jordan Rd. Parker, CO 80134
- What: This is a MANDATORY REHEARSAL for those participating in the commencement service. Please be sure to arrive by 7:30 am.
- When: Saturday, May 12 at 10:00 am. Doors open at 9:30 am for seating. Graduates must arrive at 7:30 am.
- Location: Southeast Christian Church, 9650 Jordan Rd. Parker, CO
- What: There is no limit to the number of family members and friends that can be invited. Tickets are not required. Please note that childcare will not be provided.
Details to Graduates: You must arrive at the church by 7:30 am on Saturday morning for rehearsal and also to allow time to robe and take group pictures which will be taken promptly at 9:00 am. Doors to the sanctuary will open to guests at 9:30 am.
Hotel and Travel Arrangements
- For friends and family members coming in from out of town or out of state, you can find discounted hotel rates on our Plan Your Visit page.