Missions and Overseas Ministry
- Director of Children’s Ministry – ICCP
- Communitas International
- Posted: 11/2/2019
- Salary/Range: Personal support raising
- Aix-en-Provence, France
International Christian Community of Provence (ICCP) is looking for a high energy individual to fill the role of Director of Children's Ministry for our growing congregation in Aix en Provence, France.
We are seeking an individual with
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and solid Biblical training
• A calling and special gifting to mentor and train children
• A calling to work within a mission field with a sensitivity towards cultural differences
• An understanding of children's developmental stages and the unique needs of “third culture” children
We'd prefer the following, but are open to things being a little different...
• At least two years of experience in children's ministry
• Strong communication and administrative skills and the ability to work well within a team
• Skill in recruiting, training, motivating, coaching, and caring for volunteer staff
• A commitment to the position for at least three to five years
• A commitment to raise support for housing and living expenses; this is a non-funded position
• Professionalism and maturity, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects, exercising discernment and wise judgment
• Knowledge of French language, or a commitment to learn through college courses, a tutor, etc.
What the role would involve…
• Responsible for the operation of the total program for children's ministry, from birth to twelve
• Responsible to the elder who oversees the children’s ministry
• Enlist and supervise qualified workers for children's ministry, providing job descriptions for workers which define their responsibilities and commitments
• Recommend and acquisition of appropriate supplies, teacher's books, equipment, etc.
• Report notices, photos, etc. for inclusion on ICCP’s social media and give notice of children without parental permission for photos
• Act as the primary Sunday school teacher along with a co-teacher or volunteers
• Develop or acquisition age-appropriate, spiritually sound, engaging curricula for Sunday school and nursery programs
• Provide leadership sessions, orientation, and coordinate the in-service training of children's ministry volunteers, interns, and staff members
• Keep church body informed of the organization, goals, accomplishments, available opportunities, etc. of the children's ministry
• Participate regularly in ICCP’s study groups to strengthen Christian relationships and for spiritual development, as well as regular, personal Bible reading and prayer
• Supervise or assist in children’s ministry special events (Easter Picnic in the Park, Parent’s Night Out, etc.)
• Assist in or supervise various types of outreach programs in the community (Kids’ Camp, coordinating transportation for children, Christmas concert, etc.)
• Keep records of attendance and birthdates for mailing birthday cards, get well cards, etc. when appropriate
• Provide counseling for children who have indicated a desire to know Christ, have shown interest in the ordinances of the church (water baptism, communion, etc.)
• Meet with parents who have expressed a desire to learn more about their child and Christian education
• In accordance with the church's normal procedures, prepare and establish an annual budget and procedures for implementing it during the year
** How is this role funded? The salary and ministry expenses of this position are funded through personal support raising. Self-employed or bi-vocational teammates are also welcome. The applicant will go through our onboarding process and be provided fund-raising support and training, as needed.
To Apply: For more information fill out our contact form and specify your interest for this job. We look forward to hearing from you!