- Director of Parent Life Ministries
- Denver Area Youth For Christ
- Posted: 4/5/2021
- Salary/Range: $50,000/annual
- Englewood, CO
Description:Primary Goal: The Director of Parent Life is responsible for strategically building and growing the Parent Life ministry (ministry to parenting teens) in the Denver Area with the goal of evangelizing unreached, youth facing significant life challenges in every possible context (group homes, schools, neighborhoods, and small groups).
Qualifications: The Director will have a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ as well as a proven track record of at least five years of successful Parent Life Ministry, or similar experience. The Director must be able to supervise multiple staff and ministry leaders, work well with parents and community/church leaders and have expert knowledge of all facets of working with parenting teenagers. The Director must also have the willingness to fulfill faithful activities of presenting their mission in the community for the purpose of raising funds both through personal support as well as community support.
Leadership Qualifications and Requirements:
• A vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Involved in and supporting a local church by serving, being engaged in the community, and regularly attending.
• Sets a godly example for staff, volunteers and students in one’s personal life.
• Demonstrates a humble and teachable spirit.
• Commitment to meet regularly with a group or specific person for accountability.
• Passionate about the mission and vision of Denver Area Youth For Christ.
• Willingness to submit and minister within the guidelines of DAYFC.
• Submit to an extensive background and reference check.
• Participate fully in the life of the staff, board and volunteers.
• Recruit and lead ministry leaders (volunteers) from the local church, work well with school or agency staff, youth, and churches.
• Can effectively build and lead teams.
• Able to shepherd individual leaders.
• Have a working knowledge of Adverse Childhood Experiences or difficulties our parenting teenagers face.
• Skilled in problem solving.
Spiritual Responsibilities: Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Denver Area Youth For Christ is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth For Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth For Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
• Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
• Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
• Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
Additionally, YFC employees may be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth For Christ USA. As such, the following additional responsibilities of a spiritual nature will apply to this position:
• Perform sacramental functions such as the taking of communion and leading times of corporate prayer, confession and praise.
• Perform and lead religious ceremonies such as weddings, baptism and funerals when called upon by staff and other members of the YFC community.
Key Result Areas
Goal: Ministry Leaders - The Director will recruit and involve qualified staff in order to build a massive team of (volunteer) ministry leaders, seeking high levels of community and church involvement and funding for maximum evangelistic impact.
1. Recruit, screen and train qualified (volunteer) ministry leaders to foster authentic Christ-sharing relationships with unchurched, non-Christian troubled youth, ages 11 to 19, so that there is at least 1 ministry leader for every 5 involved youth.
2. Ensure the highest level of compliance and accountability with YFC/USA volunteer standards and procedures.
Goal: Funding - The Director will be responsible to assist in the funding the Parent Life department, ensuring monthly cash flow to cover all ministry expenses as well as growing revenue to start new ministry sites. (See Financial Addendum)
1. Create ministry sustainability by achieving 50% local funding for each ministry site.
2. At least 20% of weekly ministry focused on fundraising through faithful activities with individuals, churches, government agencies and community groups.
3. Create and run effective Parent Life fundraising events throughout the year (i.e. field trips, church presentations, individual donors, and participate in All Area fundraising events).
4. Involve ministry leaders as financial partners and Champions of Parent Life.
5. Ensure accurate accounting and management of financial partners, employing high levels of creative, personal donor communication and care.
Goal: Youth Evangelism - The Director will facilitate evangelistic opportunities throughout the year as well as create and manage strategic evangelistic ministry events in order to see as many youth as possible have the opportunity to make an informed decision as to faith in Jesus Christ.
1. Train and exhort ministry leaders and staff to constantly deepen their authentic Christ-sharing relationships and to seek opportunity to “Ask the question” with their youth.
2. Develop partnerships with local churches in order to facilitate integration of newly saved students into a church community.
3. Ensure that all events meet the goal of presenting the gospel to unchurched, unsaved youth.
4. Ensure that all events are fully funded, adhering to DAYFC budgeting standards and that all event funds are properly accounted for.
Goal: Team - The Director will be the example of the highest level of team interdependence and accountability. (See Employee Handbook)
1. Lead in spiritual growth, attitude, accountability and team relationships in order to foster the greatest possible team unity, both within Parent Life and throughout DAYFC.
2. Ensure excellence in administrative details i.e. agreements, contracts, accounting, donor care, Impact reporting, ministry leaders, financial partners etc.
3. Foster healing and forgiveness through Biblical handling of conflict.
4. Maintain the highest level of trust and integrity in all aspects of leadership, staff relationships, ministry and community involvement.
1. Direct Ministry - Actively involved in direct Parent Life ministry.
2. Mentoring - Develops & manages the New Legacy strategy and other ministry sites as added.
3. Marketing & PR - Intentionally and specifically seeks out and maximizes opportunities to make the public aware of the ministry of DAYFC through social media, public speaking opportunities, community organizations and general media.
4. Leadership Team – serves on the Executive team with other Directors
5. DAYFC General - Leads and/or participates in DAYFC events, ministries and activities as assigned.
To Apply: Gareth Unruh - 303-843-6730