General Statement of Job Function
This work-study position is responsible for managing the front desk of DCC, and overall basic support duties within the clinic. Serve as administrative support to student counselors as needed. Participate in training practicum class each semester. Communicate regularly with the Clinical Operations Administrator and other clinic staff.
Weekly hours are dependent on Federal Work Study funding available each year. Estimated 10-20 hours, flexible schedule Monday-Friday.
- Organize and maintain student workroom and resources
- Monitor the front doors of the clinic and check-in clients for appointments
- Help oversee overall clinic upkeep
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- General filing duties
- Replicating tasks
- Special projects as assigned
- Participate in Practicum Orientation and attend regularly scheduled clinic staff meetings
- Candidate cannot be a current counseling practicum student.
- Understands the importance of client confidentiality and can keep information confidential.
- Good office administration skills such as organization and data entry
- Experience with customer service and ability to relate well to a diverse population
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both written and oral form
- Eagerness to learn
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith
- Is a mature person of integrity and is confident and professional when working with other students, professionals and the public
- Is self-motivated, takes initiative and yet works well under authority
- Punctual and reliable
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and Outlook programs; proficient in using the internet
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have the ability to organize, communicate and manage projects effectively and accurately
- Must make accuracy and attention to details a priority
- Must take responsibility for daily duties while handling interruptions and multiple tasks that may occur simultaneously
- Must demonstrate a personable disposition and personal integrity in all professional areas
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Work Study supports this mission by:
- Representing Denver Seminary when interacting with the public.
- Contribute to the safety and security of DCC by being present in the lobby during work shifts.
- Effectively manage client files with confidentiality
- Keeping clinic documents and resources stocked and in order
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Once you receive approval from financial aid, please complete the following forms and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Rate: $13.75