Technology and Computers (Networks, Internet, etc.)
- Applications Analyst I
- DENVER SEMINARY
- Posted: 11/18/2019
- Salary/Range: TBD
- Littleton, CO
Description:GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION:
Provide application and data support for our Campus Management Student Information System (SIS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) customers while also promoting and advocating efficient use of the system. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, be self-motivated and willing to learn new technical skills. Will employ analysis skills to gather customer requirements and work until completion for best customer satisfaction. Experience with Microsoft SQL, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Integrations, and Power BI necessary. Experience with a Student Information System such as Campus Management highly desired.
1. Liaison to SIS and CRM customers.
2. Provide routine SIS and CRM application support – combination of technical and functional.
3. Gather requirements for the purpose of creating / modifying custom reports using SQL Reports, Power BI, and database SQL queries as required.
4. Perform routine application analysis and impact analysis of new or changing processes, configuration changes, or new strategic initiatives.
5. Help drive the implementation and use of new product features.
6. Evaluate business processes and suggest areas of improvement and optimization.
7. Help coordinate application upgrades, patch installs, and database refreshes.
8. Perform pre- and post-upgrade analysis including coordinating user acceptance testing and conducting end-user training as needed.
9. Help schedule and facilitate the Campus Management User’s Group meetings.
10. Advocate the efficient use of the SIS and CRM within Denver Seminary.
11. As needed, provide training for functional department customers.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree or work experience in lieu of degree.
• 1-3 years relevant experience.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Ability to create moderately complex SQL queries with expectation to increase knowledge and ability.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft database and reporting technologies – SQL Server, SQL Reporting, SQL Integrations, and Power BI.
• Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers with a teaching mind set.
• Create and maintain positive working relationships with all customers and team members.
• Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
• Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
• Moderate knowledge of a Student Information System.
• Ability and willingness to learn new applications and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of some business process analysis techniques.
• Self-starter and attention to detail.
• The ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve varying functional and technical problems.
• Works well in a team environment and is committed to making the team a success.
• General understanding of technology concepts and approaches.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Applications Analyst supports this mission by:
• Proponent of efficient use of the SIS and CRM system including data integrity and cross-departmental processes.
• Upgrades, patches, database refreshes done regularly in accordance with customer’s needs.
• Help facilitate and schedule regular User’s group meetings and post meeting notes in a timely manner.
• Communicate professionally with SIS vendor.
• Have a sense of ownership of the systems and applications supported.
• Completion of assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Provide technical solutions that align with department goals.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.