|Job Title:||Director of Enrollment Management|
|Reports To:||VP of Student Life and Enrollment Management|
|Pay:||$55,494 to $72,300|
General Statement of Job Function
The Director of Enrollment Management oversees the strategies, personnel, policies, and procedures that directly relate to the recruitment and enrollment of new and continuing students at Denver Seminary. This senior leadership position manages the daily operations of the enrollment management team, oversees recruitment strategy, trains admissions and enrollment staff, tracks recruitment and retention data for the seminary, and creates strategic enrollment plans and support structures that directly result in students choosing and remaining at Denver Seminary.
Incoming Student Admissions and Enrollment
- Create and manage a comprehensive strategic plan for new student recruitment to target, attract, and enroll a diverse and highly qualified student applicant pool consistent with Denver Seminary’s mission, headcount, and billable hours goals.
- Hire, train, lead, supervise, and evaluate the leadership staff of the Enrollment Management department.
- Set clear goals for staff members and support them in the achievement of their goals.
- Provide direct oversight for all communication plans and strategies from lead generation to matriculation.
- Coordinate closely with marketing team regarding effective lead generation strategies.
- Oversees the development of departmental budget and manages its implementation.
- Generate, analyze, and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual admissions funnel data and trend analysis to inform and report on recruitment priorities.
- Work closely with faculty program directors to effectively coordinate their support in the recruitment and retention process.
- Develop a streamlined scholarship application and review process and work closely with the Enrollment Management Committee of the faculty
- Make professional and persuasive presentations to prospective applicants in various venues and represent the seminary at conferences, graduate fairs, and school campuses.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts with presidential, faculty, and alumni travel and events.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for improvement and enrollment barriers and makes recommendation to leadership.
- Stay abreast of trends in higher education, emerging technologies, and the recruitment marketplace.
- Maintain a working understanding of federal regulations and internal compliance, as well as the student support framework and goals as set forth by the Vice President and other members of the seminary’s administration.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration, and resource sharing across the institution.
- Work with the Vice President on other duties that further the recruiting and enrollment potential of the seminary.
Continuing Student Enrollment
- Develop a re-enrollment strategy for continuing students across all programs and populations, including a comprehensive registration and advising plan.
- Hire, train, lead, supervise, and evaluate the enrollment advisor team that provides pro-active re-enrollment support and academic advising to continuing students starting in their first semester.
- Develop intentional and strategic support structures for at-risk current student populations in close collaboration with other student services departments.
- Analyze retention and attrition data to set re-enrollment goals designed to increase student retention across the institution that meet seminary enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with faculty, student care, and registrar departments to provide holistic and consistent cross-departmental support for students.
- Directly address attrition hurdles and improve overall student experience while maintaining academic policies and procedures to encourage student commitment to Denver Seminary.
- Work with the ELC, registrar’s office, and faculty to create a clear pathway to graduation for Denver Seminary students.
- Provide advocacy and feedback on behalf of current students to decision-making entities at the seminary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of recruitment/admissions and team management experience in a higher education enrollment setting, and a general record of professional success.
- Experience with recruitment, CRM software, and an awareness of market trends in higher education.
- Ability to manage a team in a high-performance environment while managing positional responsibilities and emerging projects.
- Ability to discern and maintain confidentiality and communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Professional communication that aligns with the voice of the institution in written and spoken form.
- Public speaking experience in small and large audiences.
- Ability to give careful attention to detail, think analytically, and derive conclusions from data and trends.
- Technological competent, knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM essential, Slate preferred.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, the intricacies of theological education, degree program requirements, competencies and training required for various ministries, federal/state policies and regulations related to student enrollment, special needs of groups such as international students and racial/ethnic minorities, academic policies and procedures, and curricular requirements for graduation.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Personal integrity which inspires confidence in the school’s constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, forge cross-departmental discussions, and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, ability to maintain a clear focus on high quality and business outcomes.
- Able to adapt to a quickly changing market with poise, efficiency, and calm.
- Loyalty to the seminary president, vice president, administration, and colleagues.
- A forward planner and goal-setter that continually assesses performance.
- Willingness to step in wherever needed to help the institution and enrollment management team succeed in meeting their goals.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professionally in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Director of Enrollment Management supports this mission by:
- A highly refined, organized, and efficient recruitment and admissions model that:
- Meets established enrollment headcount and billable hour goals
- Increases office productivity, efficiency, and professionalism
- Increases yield throughout the admissions funnel
- Results in a strong and cohesive admissions team
- Meets annual goals and provides a stellar admissions experience
- Effective and timely performance of assigned tasks
- The development of a re-enrollment strategy that:
- Increases retention and decreases attrition across the institution
- Develops a centralized resource center for students via the enrollment advisors
- Results in a clear and proactive handoff for matriculated students
- Tracks retention data to better portray the student experience
- Provides proactive support for at-risk populations
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.