General Statement of Job Function
Tutoring math and/or reading to elementary students at Denver Seminary students’ chosen school. Student will need to work directly with a school and determine their need for a tutor. Then an agreement will be created between Denver Seminary, the Denver Seminary student and the Elementary School. This position is part-time (approximately 10-20 hours per week).
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols
- Prolonged sitting
- Ability to complete 6th grade level math
- Ability to relate to children
Examples of Duties
(This may not be all necessary or inclusive):
- Assisting students in learning
- Instructions will be given by the student’s teacher
- Basic understanding of math skills
- Basic understanding of reading
- Self-motivated and can motivate others
- Team-oriented and keeps other members of the team informed when necessary
Basic Responsibilities and Details
- The applicant will be required to apply for a national background check (and possibly fingerprinting) before beginning employment. The school employed through will perform this background check.
- The tutor will need to have transportation to the assigned elementary school.
- The tutor and elementary student will meet at the assigned elementary school, with the option to meet at Denver Seminary if the student has means of transportation apart from the tutor (at no time should the tutor provide the student with transportation).
Notice to Applicants
Please read this job description carefully and ask someone for help if you have any difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Eligibility Form. In order to apply for a Work Study position, please fill out this eligibility form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Employment Application. Once you receive approval from financial aid, please complete the following forms and submit to email@example.com.