Enrollment Management Office Work Study
General Statement of Job Function
Admissions work studies are a vital part of the enrollment management team at Denver Seminary. They assist with entering and maintaining data in the admissions database, participating in student visits and Preview Days, giving tours of the seminary, and providing support to the data specialist, admissions counselors, and administrative assistant in a variety of ways. They are often called upon to help with data management projects, speak with inquiries and applicants over the phone or in person, provide front desk coverage for the SLEM office, and attend to other duties as assigned. This position is approximately 10-20 hours per week.
- Accurately input and update prospective student data into the department’s database
- Manage the creation of inquiry packets
- Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries about Denver Seminary
- Process incoming application documents
- Provide campus tours
- Complete individual and mass mailings
- Provide front desk coverage when needed
- Assist with event preparation and recruiting opportunities
- Periodically scan and archive prospective and new student files
- Maintain the guest apartment for visiting prospective students
Applicants must be a student in good standing at Denver Seminary and in a degree program. Previous experience is not required.
The admissions department looks for work studies who have a keen attention to detail, are flexible and generous, jump at the opportunity to help the admissions team accomplish its goals, and contribute to a fun team atmosphere. Specifically, the individual must:
- Possess a high standard of personal excellence and seek to apply that standard to maintaining our applicant records.
- Seek to correct mistakes and learn from them.
- Have a flexible mindset when asked to quickly shift tasks as necessary.
- Manage time efficiently and work with other work studies to accomplish recurring tasks.
- Hold Denver Seminary in positive regard and be willing to encourage other individuals to attend.
- Possess a hospitable and professional demeanor, specifically while watching the front desk and assisting with student visits.
- See themselves as a member of the admissions team, and therefore a recruiter to the seminary in all facets of their work.
- Be willing to manage data management tasks and people interaction in each shift.
- Use excellent verbal and written skills.
- Be willing to excel in understanding and explaining the various educational programs at Denver Seminary and speak to one’s own experience.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professionally in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Work-study – Admissions Office supports this mission by:
- Personifying the educational mission, core values, and Christian beliefs that are foundational to Denver Seminary.
- Establishing positive relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
- The recruitment of viable candidates in an effective and professional manner.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions include computer usage, typing, answering phones, occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climbing stairs, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.