Student Life Assistant Work Study
General Statement of Job Function
The Student Life Assistant will work closely with the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Student Life Coordinator to implement student communication strategies and student focused events. The ideal candidate has experience in Social Media Marketing (or an eye for design as demonstrated through personal social accounts), is able to organize and run events, and has strong written and verbal communication skills. This is a part-time (average 7-9 hours/week) position and runs from August 2020 through June 2021.
- Assist in the management of logistics for community gatherings and events by coordinating speakers, the media team, and other participants to ensure effective and well-run programs.
- Manage social media platforms, design and execute social media campaigns adhering to the Student Life brand, with the purpose of communicating events, resources, and strategic initiatives and to encourage student engagement.
- Attends all major student events to take photographs and offer needed support.
- Assists the Student Life department with print and distribution of advertising materials and promotional processes.
- Generally supports the Associate Director of Student Engagement and Student Life Coordinator with whatever priorities and tasks arise.
- Demonstrates care and commitment to fellow students.
- Sensitive to and willing to grow in intercultural competency and racial awareness.
- A collaborative and flexible team player.
- Creative and has a good eye for detail.
- Accepts supervision and able to complete tasks without supervision; self-motivated.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing skills, editing skills, and proofreading abilities are required.
- Experience with photography (even hobby level interest) preferred.
- Experience with Social Media Marketing preferred; strong user knowledge of Facebook and Instagram required.
- Strong time-management ability and willingness to prioritize relevant Student Life events.
- Adequate and appropriate support provided to the Student Life department, resulting in a well-organized, student friendly, and smoothly running department.
- Execution of effective and enjoyable events and gatherings.
- A Student Life presence on Social Media that is beneficial to students and advancing the internal brand of Denver Seminary.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.