Lenten Retreat for Pastors & Leaders: The Road Home
Thursday, February 08, 2018, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
I don’t know; there’s something a little “itchy” about Ash Wednesday and Lent doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t quite seem to fit into life right now. The whole thing creates a subtle tension within and it’s easier to diffuse the tension by simply moving on and ignoring it all.
Perhaps Henri Nouwen can help us – help us enter into and discover the gifts that are intended to be received during this season. Nouwen writes, “Lent is a time of returning to God. . . . a time of refocusing, of reentering the place of truth, of reclaiming our true identity. It is a time to confess how we keep looking for joy, peace, and satisfaction in the many people and things surrounding us without really finding what we desire. Only God can give us what we want. . .”
“. . . A time of returning to God.” The pace and intensity of life easily moves us away from our intimacy with God and before we are even aware of it, we find ourselves disconnected from God’s sweetness and disconnected from ourselves and others. Even in this holy season. We need to return. We long for Him to once again be our joy, peace, and deep satisfaction.
It could be said that Lent is the road - Jesus is the destination. If you would be interested in exploring how to encounter and reconnect with God, discover satisfaction in Him, join us for our Lenten Retreat and walk the road of Lent together.
- Where: Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine, 20189 Cabrini Blvd, Golden, CO (Exit #259 from I-70 West)
- When: February 8, 2018, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- What: Two brief sessions of Scriptural input to guide your times of silence and solitude.
- Who: Hosted by Debbie Swanson, Part-time Professor of Christian Formation, Denver Seminary.
- Cost: $50 which includes retreat, lunch, and an optional 30-minute session of spiritual direction. Spiritual direction will be provided by graduates of Denver Seminary’s MA in Christian Formation and Soul Care. A limited number of scholarships are available.
This retreat is sponsored by the Denver Seminary Soul Care Initiative. For more information contact Howard Baker at .