Recent Book Publications
200 Devotionals from the Hebrew Bible. Portland, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2020.
“Where Shall Wisdom Be Found?” A Grammatical Tribute to Professor Stephen A. Kaufman. Edited by Hélène Dallaire, Jennifer Noonan, and Benjamin Noonan: Eisenbrauns, 2017.
Biblical Hebrew: a Living Language. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017.
The Syntax of Volitives in Biblical Hebrew and Amarna Canaanite Prose. Eisenbrauns, 2014.
“Joshua.” in Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Numbers to Ruth. Zondervan, 2012.
Full Publication List
Books Authored & Edited
- 200 Devotionals from the Hebrew Bible. Portland, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2020.
- “Where Shall Wisdom Be Found?” A Grammatical Tribute to Professor Stephen A. Kaufman on the Occasion of His Retirement from Hebrew Union College–Jewish Institute of Religion. Edited by Hélène Dallaire, Jennifer Noonan and Benjamin Noonan. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2017.
- Biblical Hebrew: a Living Language. 2nd edition. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017.
- The Syntax of Volitives in Biblical Hebrew and Amarna Canaanite Prose. LSAWS. Edited by Cynthia Miller-Naudé and Jacobus Naudé. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2014.
- Devotionals from the Hebrew Bible. Edited by H. Dallaire. (Wipf & Stock, forthcoming).
Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Articles
- “Producing a Culturally Sensitive Bible Translation of ‘Emotions’ into a Target Language Using Artificial Intelligence (AI)” in Oikonomia eBook entitled Faithfully Rendering God's Word: Artificial Intelligence, Cultural Bias and the Future of Faithful Bible Translation. https://www.amazon.com/Faithfully-Rendering-Gods-Word-Intelligence-ebook/dp/B086BRD4KT
- “Drama in the Valley of Achor: Emotional and Corporal Responses in Joshua 7” in The Body: Adorned, Cultured, and Embodied, a Festschrift presented to Nili Fox in honor of her retirement from Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion. HUC Press, forthcoming.
- “Anti-Semitic Supersessionism: The Sharp Words that Deepened the Divide” in The Future Restoration of Israel. Ed. by Stanley Porter and Alan E. Kurschner Wipf & Stock, forthcoming.
- “A Mixed Multitude: The Gentile Multitude inside the Modern Messianic Jewish Movement” in Messiah Journal 131 (Summer 2018), 50-58.
- “Volitives.” In “Where Shall Wisdom Be Found?” A Grammatical Tribute to Professor Stephen A. Kaufman on the Occasion of His Retirement from Hebrew Union College–Jewish Institute of Religion. Edited by Hélène Dallaire, Benjamin Noonan and Jennifer Noonan. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2017.
- "Taking the Land by Force: Violence in the book of Joshua." In Wrestling with the Violence of God: Soundings in the Old Testament. Edited by M. D. Carroll R. & Blair Wilgus. BBR Supplement. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2015.
- “Emotional Meltdown: Stuttering in Hebrew.” In Devotions on the Hebrew Bible: 52 Reflections to Inspire & Instruct. Ed. by Milton Eng and Lee M. Fields. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2015.
- “Are You Blessed (baruch) or Blessed (’ashrey)?” In Devotions on the Hebrew Bible: 52 Reflections to Inspire & Instruct. Ed. by Milton Eng and Lee M. Fields. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2015.
- “Joshua and Israel’s Exodus from the Desert Wilderness.” In Reverberations of the Exodus in Scripture. Ed. by R. Michael Fox. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications/Wipf and Stock, 2014.
- “Messianic Judaism from the 6th to the early 20th century AD: Textual Evidence.” In Chosen to Follow: Jewish Believers in Jesus through History and Today. Eds. Jakob Wilms Nielsen and Knut Helge Høyland. Jerusalem: Caspari Center for Biblical and Jewish Studies, October/November 2012.
- The NIV Quest Study Bible: the Question and Answer Bible [Deluxe Edition] contributions to questions on Leviticus. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011.
- “Judaism and the World to Come.” In A Case for Historic Premillenianism. Pp.37-60. Grand Rapids:Baker, 2009.
- For the Joshua in ZICOT, replace “December 2019” for forthcoming.
- “Joshua.” Pp. 815-1042 in Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Numbers to Ruth. Eds. T. Longman III and D. E. Garland. Vol. 2. Revised edition. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012.
- “Esther.” Pp.440-50 in The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary. Eds. G. M. Burge and A. E. Hill. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2012.
- Joshua in Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament (ZICOT). Ed. Daniel Block. Grand Rapids: Zondervan (December 2019).
- Review of Judaism and Jesus, by Zev Garber and Kenneth Hanson (Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publ., 2020) in Hebrew Studies
- Review of Le texte de Josué 10: Approche Philologique, épigraphique et diachronique, by Michael Langlois (Gottingen, Holland: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2012) in Review of Biblical Literature 2016.
- Review of The Recovery of the Ancient Hebrew Language: The Lexicographical Writings of Winton Thomas, by John Day (Sheffield: Sheffield, 2013) in Review of Biblical Literature 2015.
- Review of Isaiah Speaks: A Voice from the Past for the Present, by Merrill Morse (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2012) in Review of Biblical Literature 2015. http://www.bookreviews.org/pdf/8794_9682.pdf
- Review of Rediscovering Eve: Ancient Israelite Women in Context, by Carol Meyers (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014) in Journal of the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament, 2014.
- Review of God and Earthly Power: An Old Testament Political Theology, by J.G. McConville (New York: T&T Clark, 2006) in Journal of Biblical and Pneumatological Research, 2010.
- Review of Beginning Biblical Hebrew, by Mark D. Futato (Winona Lake, Ind.: Eisenbrauns, 2003) in Hebrew Studies, 2004.
- The Navigators Dictionary of Everyday Theology. Edited by Bruce Demarest and K.J. Matthews. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2010. Articles on “Blessing”, “Covenant”, “Sacrifices”, “Ten Commandments”, “Wisdom”, “Day of the Lord”, “Law.”
Bible Translation and Notes
- “Leviticus”, Quest Bible contributor. Zondervan.
- Hebrew Language Consultant and Reviewer: TLV – Tree of Life Messianic Jewish Family Bible.Syracuse, NY: Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society, 2014.
- “Esther” in CBS Baker Illustrated Study Bible. Grand Rapids: Baker, forthcoming.