Administrative and Clerical
Administrative & Development Assistant
Administrative & Development Assistant
Maddux Achilles Haggard was born on Feb. 4, 2005, with a condition called myotubular myopathy. It prevented him from breathing, swallowing or moving on his own. On the sixth day of his young life, his parents, Mike and Cheryl Haggard had to make the excruciating decision to take him off life support. Before they did, they called photographer Sandy Puc’ to take black and white portraits of them cradling their son. Puc’ photographed the couple with Maddux at the hospital before he was removed from life support and after — when he was free from the tubes and the wires that had sustained him.
Those tender photographs documenting Maddux’s eternal connection with parents inspired Cheryl Haggard and Sandy Puc’ to begin the nonprofit organization, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (NILMDTS). Since 2005, NILMDTS has provided tens of thousands of parents with the free professional portraits of their baby. NILMDTS administers a network of more than 1,000 volunteer photographers in the United States and around the world.
Overview of Administrative & Development Assistant
The administrative and development assistant partners with the CEO to assist with daily administrative responsibilities with a primary focus on assisting with development and fundraising administrative work. Administrative work may also include bookkeeping responsibilities, such as recording deposits, and accounts receivable and payable. NILMDTS is a virtual office based out of Littleton, CO. This position must live near Littleton in order to best carry out the functions of this position, but will primarily work from home. This individual needs to be reliable, organized, and compassionate. This position needs someone with strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong computer and data entry skills.
Part-Time: 15-20 hours per week; work virtually, but must have reliable transportation for errands and other tasks
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
APPLY if you:
- Have a deep passion for the mission of NILMDTS to serve families and support our volunteers.
- Thrive working in a quick-paced, demanding and challenging, yet rewarding environment.
- Have a demonstrated history of taking initiative and being successful.
- Can think through processes to be more efficient and productive.
- Have an understanding or experience with anticipating the needs of the CEO and the organization as a whole by staying one step ahead.
- Are flexible and can adapt to unique situations on a daily basis.
- Can complete tasks with little direction.
Donations and Fundraising Data Entry and Research
- Validation of online donations – updating records in the donor database.
- Manual input of all checks received.
- Import donations into the database from a number of giving platforms.
- Follow up with matching gifts, employer giving plans, and completion of online applications.
- Manage database records, remove duplicate records, update mailing information etc.
- Coordinate completion of the Thank You note process.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Assist with grant research, writing and reporting and oversee grant volunteers.
Meeting & Event Coordination
- Coordinate all Board Meeting logistics.
- Communicate and make arrangements with the meeting facility, including hotel rooms and meeting space.
- Schedule transportation for out of town board members.
- Coordinate meals & food service/catering.
- Misc items as needed, such as special related events the board will participate in or attend.
- Coordinate Care Package Assembly, including volunteers and working with the team to ensure we have all the supplies.
- Coordinate other meetings and events as needed.
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support to the CEO, including but not limited to: managing schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, making phone calls, and troubleshooting with administrative problems and inquiries as they arise.
- Making errands as needed such as to the bank, post office, office supply stores, NILMDTS storage unit, etc.
- Ensure the office storage unit is organized as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related fields preferred. 5 years of related experience, in lieu of a degree, will also be considered.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an administrative role.
- Nonprofit experience in an administrative role is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative by anticipating the needs of the organization.
- Ability to complete projects with little supervision.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong critical thinking and organizational abilities.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Strong computer and software skills and experience are required. As a virtual organization, these skills are absolutely essential. If you don’t know one of the items listed, you must have a strong ability to learn very quickly.
- Experience or ability to work on Macintosh computer
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Software
- Google Drive
- Donor Perfect or similar donor software
- Trello or similar project management software
- Zoom meeting software
- Experience with databases
- NILMDTS operates virtually with the CEO residing in Colorado and additional staff members (7) in four US Time Zones.
- All staff generally work hours within the Mountain Time zone.
The following are the Core Values of the NILMDTS Team.
We believe that collectively we make a powerful impact on the healing journey of families. We contribute to our role in the organization in a way that demonstrates passion and commitment.
We take pride in having a positive mindset about our team and consider the perspective of others. We show appreciation to each other. We encourage each other to rest and rejuvenate, prioritizing our health and most important relationships, so we can make our greatest contribution.
We are honest, do what is right, and honor our commitments. When we make a mistake, we own it, resolve it, and learn the lesson to avoid it in the future. When someone deserves credit and appreciation, we acknowledge their efforts and achievements.
We constantly strive to improve the mission of the organization as well as improve ourselves. We are open to improvement, growth, and change so we can better serve more families.
- Must live near Littleton, CO.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to have a quiet working environment at home during working hours.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $15-$18 an hour based on experience
- PTO package prorated for part time employees
- 12 Holidays (prorated for part time employees)
- 401K up to 3% match
To apply for this position, you must submit by email a cover letter, resume, and you must answer the following questions. If these questions are not completed and submitted with a cover letter and resume, your application will not be considered. Please keep your answers to no longer than a paragraph each.
- Why do you want to work for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep?
- Describe a specific situation in which you successfully provided administrative support to a supervisor.
- What is the most significant contribution you will bring to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep in this position?
Email your application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use: “Administrative & Development Assistant” as your subject line.
For more information about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
Please visit our website http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.orgTo Apply: email@example.com